40th Annual Lighting of the Doves Festival
[November 19, 2022] The Lighting of the Doves Festival is a long-standing tradition in The Woodlands that signifies the start of the holiday season in the community. Symbolizing peace during the holidays, the ceremonial illumination of the giant doves has attracted thousands of visitors each year.
The Festival includes traditional and international performances, showcasing the cultural diversity of The Woodlands and holiday traditions celebrated around the world. Featuring snow play areas, vendor booths, children’s activities and strolling entertainment, Lighting of the Doves culminates with a special appearance by Santa Claus arriving by sleigh down The Woodlands Waterway and a dazzling fireworks display. Learn More: 40th Annual Lighting of the Doves Festival
- Balloon Art – Free
- Craft Activities with The Woodlands Children’s Museum – Free (while supplies last)
- Face Painting – Free
- Live Entertainment on 2 Stages
- Strolling Entertainment
- Snow Play Areas and Snow Slides – $5 wristband required for access. Wristbands can be purchased onsite at the event with cash or credit card. Please be advised if paying with cash, change will not be available.
Schedule of Events
- 3 to 5 p.m. – Stage Performances TBD
- 5 p.m. – Live Music by Level One Band (Motown/Funk)
- 7 p.m. – Holiday Greetings, Santa’s Arrival, Lighting of the Doves & Fireworks
- 8 p.m. – Event Concludes
- 3 to 7 p.m. – Stage Performances TBD
- 7 p.m. – Stage Dark for Santa Festivities at Celebration Stage