[November 5, 2022] Join The Woodlands Environmental Services Department for the first ever pumpkin smash! Instead of putting your jack-o-lantern in the trash, bring it to the Pumpkin Smash! This FREE event provides a unique opportunity for residents to dispose of their Halloween pumpkins.
What you’ll need to bring:
- A pumpkin, or pumpkins
- No limit on the amount of pumpkins you can bring
- Pumpkins can be carved or whole
- Pumpkins must be free of non-biodegradable materials (candles, stickers, yarn, googly eyes, plastics, etc)
- Pumpkins painted with acrylic paints are accepted
- Wear closed-toe shoes
- Safety goggles and gloves (or borrow safety gear from the Township)
Upon arrival, choose how you want to smash your pumpkin. Catapult it and watch it fly, grab a baseball bat and smash it to pieces or watch it explode on impact from a 30’ drop.
Staff and volunteers will be on hand to monitor the safety and fun of all participants. All pumpkin remains will be collected and taken to a local composting facility, where it will be kept out of the landfill and turned into a nutrient rich soil amendment.
Visit educational booths to learn more about diverting food waste, starting your own backyard compost bin and upcoming compost classes. The event will be held at The Sterling Ridge Park and Ride from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Learn More: Pumpkin Smash