Fitness & Sports
Dragon Swim Teams Take First In Tri-Meet; Soccer Alumni Provide Friendly Competition
THE WOODLANDS, TX – The John Cooper School Dragon boys and girls swim teams took first place at the Concordia/Frassati Tri Meet, and the boys and girls soccer teams played alumni in a friendly competition.
- 1/6 at Concordia/Frassati Tri Meet, Westfield High School
Girls 1st place • Boys 1st place • complete results unavailable at this time •
“Dragon swimmers had a strong showing after nearly a month off for the holidays,” said Coach Sara Bany. “They swam hard and the boys and girls both won first place against Frassati and Concordia Lutheran.”
Next up for Dragon Swimming:
- 1/15 at HAPPI Meet, University of Houston
VARSITY BOYS BASKETBALL
- 1/4 at Cypress Christian • canceled
- 1/7 at Episcopal High School* • 71-55 L
“We played a hard-fought game at Episcopal High School,” said Coach Matthew Wilson. “I’m proud of the team’s fight and resiliency. Ultimately, we came up a bit short, losing 55-71. We look ahead this week to a non-conference battle at Second Baptist on Monday. We return to SPC play with a game against Awty Friday evening.”
Next up for Dragon Boys Basketball:
- 1/10 at Second Baptist, 7 p.m.
- 1/14 vs. Awty International*, 7 p.m.
- 1/18 vs. Kinkaid*, 7 p.m.
- 1/21 at St. John’s*, 7 p.m.
VARSITY GIRLS BASKETBALL
- 1/4 at Cypress Christian • 61-44 L
- 1/7 at Episcopal High School* • 61-24 L
Next up for Dragon Girls Basketball:
- 1/11 vs. Duchesne*, 5:30 p.m.
- 1/14 at Awty International*, 5:30 p.m.
- 1/18 vs. Kinkaid*, 5:30 p.m.
- 1/21 at St. John’s*, 5:30 p.m.
VARSITY BOYS SOCCER
- 1/4 vs JCS alumni • 4-3 L
“Cooper alums won 4-3,” said Coach Bryan Sherman. “The current team jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first half, but the alums battled back and won in extra time on a golden goal scored by Tega Ewherido.”
- 1/7 at Episcopal High School* • 5-0 L
Next up for Dragon Boys Soccer:
- 1/14 at Awty International*, 7 p.m.
VARSITY GIRLS SOCCER
- 1/4 vs JCS alumni • just for fun
“It was difficult not being able to be there for the Alumni game this year,” said Coach Amber Clevenger. “We missed out on several alumni attending this year but what was amazing is that this year’s alumni game was led by Pamela (Pimienta ’14) Fyfe.”
- 1/7 at Episcopal High School* • 8-0 L
“Episcopal is a powerhouse team with a lot of depth, so our focus during games like EHS is to do the little things well,” said Clevenger. “The biggest victory of the night was having Madison Burchfiel back from her ACL injury. The team worked hard and we are focused on the upcoming games.”
Next up for Dragon Girls Soccer:
- 1/11 vs. Duchesne*, 5 p.m.
- 1/14 at Awty International*, 5 p.m.
The John Cooper School is a PK-12 independent, college preparatory day school that has been serving The Woodlands and greater Houston area since 1988.
For more information, visit www.johncooper.org.