Filing opens for Township’s November 2020 Election
THE WOODLANDS, TX – Filing has begun for four (4) at-large positions on The Woodlands Township Board of Directors in the November 2020 election. The positions are designated as 1, 2, 3 and 4. Each position is for a two-year term.
Candidates may file an application to appear on the ballot for one of the designated positions between July 18, 2020, and 5:00 p.m. on August 17, 2020. The deadline for filing a declaration of a write-in candidacy is 5:00 p.m. on August 21, 2020.
Applications may be mailed to the Township Town Hall — Attention: Elections, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, The Woodlands, Texas 77381 or delivered in person to said address, or submitted via facsimile to 281-210-3978 during the filing period.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency, the Township offices are closed to the public; however, a secured drop box has been placed at the Town Hall office building for the purpose of submitting filing forms in person during the filing period. The drop box will be checked periodically during the filing period on regular business days during the Township’s office hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/novemberelection, or call 281-210-3800 for more information. Filing packets and additional information are available at the address above. The Township anticipates contracting with Harris County and Montgomery County to conduct the election and to use the regular County polling locations for the election.
Qualifications for Township Director:
- 18 years of age (as of November 3, 2020)
- Resident of The Woodlands Township for past six (6) months
- Resident of Texas for past twelve (12) months
- U.S. citizen
- Mental Incompetence
- Conviction of Felony
- A Declaration of Write-In Candidacy must be filed not later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 21, 2020.
- July 18, 2020 – First Day to File Application to Appear on Ballot for One of the Designated Positions
- August 17, 2020 – Last Day to File Application to Appear on Ballot for One of the Designated Positions (5:00 p.m.); Last Day to Order Election
- August 21, 2020 – Last Day to File Declaration of Write-In Candidacy (5:00 p.m.)
- October 5, 2020 – Last Day to Register to Vote
- October 19, 2020 – First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- October 30, 2020 – Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- November 3, 2020 – Election Day
*The Texas Secretary of State is the chief election officer of the State of Texas and provides the dates set forth herein. Interested persons are encouraged to visit the Secretary of State’s Election Division website at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/index.shtml or contact the Secretary of State’s Election Division by telephone at 1-800-252-VOTE (8683) to obtain the most current information.