Solid waste services affected by the holidays for Township residents
THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS – In observance of the Christmas and New Year holidays, there will be no solid waste collection services on Wednesday, December 25, 2019, or Wednesday, January 1, 2020.
All services are affected: trash, recycling, yard trimmings, bulk pickup and Simple Recycling (orange textile bags). The chart below shows when services will be provided.
If your regular collection day is: Then your Holiday week collection day will be:
Monday December 23 / December 30 Monday December 23 / December 30
Tuesday December 24 / December 31 Tuesday December 24 / December 31
Wednesday December 25 / January 1 Thursday December 26 / January 2
Thursday December 26 / January 2 Friday December 27 / January 3
Friday December 27 / January 3 Saturday December 28 / January 4
Regular pick-up schedule will resume Monday, January 6, 2020.
Recycle Holiday Boxes and Wrappings
If your recycling cart is full, take advantage of special holiday recycling. On the first service day following December 25, 2019, in each Village, additional cardboard boxes, gift boxes and plain recyclable wrapping paper will be picked up for recycling. Please note: No foil, glitter or embossed paper is allowed.
- Break down smaller gift and mailing boxes to consolidate into one box.
- Put extra paper wrappings in a small box.
- Place additional boxes at the curb next to the recycling cart.
- The holiday recycling truck is reserved only for recyclables.
- DO NOT bag your recyclables. Leave them loose in the box or cart.
- NO plastic bags.
- NO Styrofoam™
- NO bubble wrap.
- NO ribbon, decorations or Christmas lights.
- Failure to follow guidelines will result in items being left at the curb.
Cut Christmas Tree Recycling – Unflocked Trees Only
- Remove tree stand, all decorations and lights.
- Place the tree at the curb on your regular service day for collection by the yard trimmings truck.
- Natural trees can be dropped off at The Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Park, 6464 Creekside Forest Drive, between December 26, 2019, and January 10, 2020. Please deposit trees in the Christmas Tree Corral in the parking lot at any time of day. Trees will be chipped and used as ground cover at the facility.
Flocked Christmas Tree Disposal
- Schedule for bulk pickup by calling Waste Management Customer Service at 800-800-5804.
- Call at least two working days before your regular service day.
- Flocked Christmas trees must be landfilled.
Extra Trash Bags
- Extra bags of trash can be placed on the curb next to your cart.
- Each bag must be affixed with a pink extra service tag.
- Purchase tags for $1.75 each from The Woodlands Township offices, Kroger (Cochran’s Crossing, Alden Bridge and Sterling Ridge) or Randalls (Grogan’s Mill and Panther Creek).
- Each bag may weigh no more than 40 pounds.
Hours for The Woodlands Recycling Center, located at 5402 Research Forest Dr., are affected by the holiday.
- Closed on Wednesday, December 25, 2019, and Wednesday, January 1, 2020.
- Open every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Missed Pickups: Please call Waste Management Customer Service at 800-800-5804.
Recycling unusable textiles. Fill Simple Recycling orange bags with worn out bedding, clothes, towels and any other household textiles. Place your bags on the curb on your regular service day. No phone call required. Request orange bags at www.simplerecycling.com.
Usable Home Items in Good Condition
Consider donating usable items to local charities before throwing them away. A list of all local donation centers can be found at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/donationguide.
For more information about The Woodlands Township, please call 281-210-3800 or visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov.