The Woodlands Township Board holds videoconference meeting
THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (September 24, 2020) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting via videoconference on Wednesday, September 23, 2020, at 6 p.m.
At the start of the meeting, the Board deferred the President/General Manager’s report.
Before addressing agenda items, the Board issued a proclamation calling upon all residents of The Woodlands to join The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch and the National Association of Town Watch, in supporting “National Night Out” on October 11, 2020 and proclaimed October 11, 2020, as National Night Out in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received the Law Enforcement and Community Policing Administrative Report.
- Approved revisions to The Woodlands Township Personnel Policy Manual.
The Board of Directors discussed the following matters on the Regular Agenda:
- The Board approved resuming in-person Board of Director meetings starting with the October 22 Board Meeting. The Board also authorized reopening Town Hall to the public beginning in mid October 2020, which includes permitting the Development Standards Committee (DSC), the Residential Design Review Committees and the Village Associations to resume meeting in Town Hall with the use of social distancing and screening protocols. The Board also approved allowing the DSC to use the Board Chambers meeting room if necessary for social distancing for the duration of the pandemic.
- Received a presentation from Woodlands Water regarding smart meters and approved a proposal for related communications towers to be placed on Township property.
- Accepted the financial report.
- Deferred action on Board policy changes.
Stay connected to The Woodlands Township through many communications channels. Learn more and sign up at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/stayinformed. Follow the Township’s official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/thewoodlandstownship.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.
Source: The Woodlands Township