The Woodlands Township Board holds videoconference meeting
THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (September 18, 2020) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting via videoconference on Thursday, September 17, 2020 at 6 p.m.
Before addressing agenda items, the Board of Directors issued a proclamation. In support of the National Center for Safe Routes to Schools’ “Walk to School Day” and The Woodlands Township’s 220+ mile network of pathways that connect schools to homes, the Board of Directors encourage all citizens of The Woodlands to consider the safety and health of children this month and throughout the year, and proclaimed October 2020 as Walk the Pathways Month in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received Administrative Reports from Township departments.
- Awarded a bid for Reforestation Stock and Install.
- Approved a Seventh Amendment to the Housing Interlocal Agreement with Montgomery County Hospital District.
- Approved an Interlocal Grant Agreement and Coronavirus Relief Fund Small Cities Terms and Conditions with Harris County.
The Board of Directors discussed the following matters on the Regular Agenda:
- Evan Roberson, Executive Director for Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare, provided an update on Crisis Services, including the Texans Recovering Together Crisis Counseling Program. This service is free to the public and does not require registration or affiliation with the public mental health system. Those interested may call 936-521-6331 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. A 24/7 Crisis Line is also available through the Psychiatric Emergency Treatment Center by calling (800) 659-6994.
Chairman Gordy Bunch provided a COVID-19 Update for Montgomery and Harris County including hospital resource use, general bed usage, ICU bed usage, vent usage, current cases, hospitalizations and more. His presentation can be found at this link.
Director Dr. Shelley Sekula-Gibbs, who serves as the Township’s Public Health Liaison, gave a healthcare update regarding COVID-19 vaccine candidates and emphasized continuing routine health care during the pandemic. Her presentation can be found at this link.
Received a staff update on National Night Out. Due to COVID-19, the typical participation in National Night Out parties is not practical. The alternative will be a drive-through event on October 11, 2020 from 2 to 5 p.m. consisting of public safety personnel driving through each Village. Specific times and routes will be promoted in advance through Township social media and press releases. The Community Safety Expo has also been cancelled due to COVID-19. The National Night Out presentation may be viewed here.
Received a staff update on The Ice Rink at The Woodlands Town Center 2020-2021 Season and the “Skate Safe” protocols. The Ice Rink presentation may be viewed here.
Received a staff presentation regarding the Trick or Treat Trail and Lighting of The Doves events. The presentation can be found at this link.
The Board approved moving forward with the drive-thru Trick or Treat Trail event at the Sawdust Park and Ride and approved Option 1 for a limited Lighting of the Doves event at Town Green Park. If conditions change, the Board of Directors may reconsider the decision at the October meeting.
- Received an update on The Woodlands Fire Station No. 5 and directed for the Engineer’s report to be presented at the next meeting. The report will be presented to the Board in October.
Please stay connected to The Woodlands Township through many communications channels. Learn more and sign up at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/stayinformed. Follow the Township’s official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/thewoodlandstownship.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.
Source: The Woodlands Township