Township Board proclaims December 2 as The Candy House Day in The Woodlands
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting on Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
At the start of the meeting, President/General Manager Jeff Jones recognized the Township’s Aquatics department for winning the Aquatics International Best of Aquatics in Lifeguard Training award.
Before addressing agenda items, the Board of Directors issued a proclamation recognizing local small business owner, Don Baker, of The Candy House. Mr. Baker is an 89-year-old cancer survivor and veteran serving in the Navy from 1951 to 1954 and has been in business in The Woodlands since 1989 as owner of The Candy House, along with his wife Barbara Baker. In support of local small business and the contributions they make to our local economy, the Board of Directors proclaimed December 2, 2020 as The Candy House Day in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Affirmed the officers of the Township Board of Directors as authorized signers on the Township’s bank accounts.
- Appointed Jayson Garcia of the Marriott to the Booking and Blocking Committee.
The Board of Directors discussed the following matters on the Regular Agenda:
- Approved a software license and annual support renewal with Accela, Inc.
- Chairman Gordy Bunch provided a COVID-19 Update for Montgomery and Harris County including general bed usage, ICU bed usage, hospital/COVID census, Curative testing statistics for Town Hall and more. His presentation can be found at this link.
Director Dr. Shelley Sekula-Gibbs, who serves as Public Health Liaison, provided a brief update on vaccines. Director Dr. Ann K. Snyder, who serves as Non-Profit Liaison, provided an update on various non-profits including Interfaith of The Woodlands, Montgomery County Food Bank, Crisis Assistance Center, Meals on Wheels and Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare.
- Approved an interlocal agreement between The Woodlands Township and Brazos Transit District.
- Approved the annual Service Agreement between The Woodlands Township and Visit The Woodlands Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Approved 2021 Township Pay Structure and Employee Pay Increases.
- Adopted the Board of Directors meeting schedule for 2021.
- Affirmed Chairman Bunch’s appointments of Vice Chairman Bruce Rieser, Secretary Dr. Shelley Sekula-Gibbs and Director Dr. Ann K. Snyder to the Economic Development Committee for 2021.
- Affirmed Chairman Bunch’s appointment of Vice Chairman Bruce Rieser to the One Water Task Force and designated Secretary Dr. Shelley Sekula-Gibbs as the alternate appointment.
- Appointed Chairman Gordy Bunch, Vice Chairman Bruce Rieser and Director Bob Milner to the Incorporation Planning Task Force.
- Affirmed Chairman Bunch’s appointments of Director Bob Milner, Treasurer John Anthony Brown and Vice Chairman Bruce Rieser to the Budget Task Force.
- Affirmed Chairman Bunch’s appointments of Secretary Dr. Shelley Sekula-Gibbs, Director Dr. Ann K. Snyder and Director Jason J. Nelson to the Audit Committee.
- Affirmed Chairman Bunch’s appointment of Director Jason J. Nelson to the Parks and Recreation Advisory Council.
- Affirmed Chairman Bunch’s appointment of Director Jason J. Nelson to the Law Enforcement Advisory Council.
- Appointed Vice Chairman Bruce Rieser, Treasurer John Anthony Brown and Secretary Dr. Shelley Sekula-Gibbs to serve on the Board of Directors of The Woodlands Convention and Visitors Bureau, dba Visit The Woodlands, in accordance with the Bylaws and approved reappointment of Nick Wolda to serve as President of The Woodlands Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Deferred the financial report.
- Appointed Mary Funderburg and David C. Smith to the Development Standards Committee for two-year terms beginning January 1, 2021, or until successors are assigned and appointed Robert Adams, John Anderson and Robert Heineman to two-year terms, or until successors are appointed.
Please stay connected to The Woodlands Township through many communications channels. Learn more and sign up at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/stayinformed. Follow the Township’s official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/thewoodlandstownship.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.
Source: The Woodlands Township