Undefeated Dragons Win Homecoming Game
The John Cooper School’s Varsity Football Dragons added a homecoming win this Friday, September 14 vs. Bay Area Christian with a score of 55 to 26. John Cooper improves to 3-0 on the season.
The John Cooper School celebrated its 30th anniversary year with celebrations surrounding the homecoming football game on September 14th when all alumni, now numbering 1,782, and alumni parents, were invited back to the campus.
Coach Brent Landrum shared, “Our defense played one heck of a game. The linebackers of Matt Krehbiel, Cameron Reed, Jake Peterson, and Rob DeLoit played so well against a run-oriented offense. Our offensive line has given up one sack in three games over 60 pass attempts. That is a stat that will help you win a lot of football games. Our special teams will have to play their best game this coming Friday. The non-conference schedule is over. The three games prepared us well. Now we turn our attention to the SPC 3A schedule and specifically Fort Worth Country Day this Friday at home. If we continue to operate offensively at the level we have the last three games, we should have great success.”
View photos from the game on the Hello Woodlands Facebook page.
- Passing: Evan Minarovic was 20-28 for 463 yards and 5 TD passes
- Rushing:Evan Minarovic rushed 4 times for 15 yards and 2 TDs; Cameron Reed rushed 3 times for 20 yards and 1 TD
- Receiving: Logan Leax had 7 catches for 183 yards and 2 TDsThomas Elkhoury had 7 catches for 87 yards and 2 TDs; Daniel Gerber had 3 catches for 88 yards; Matt Krehbiel had 2 catches for 76 yards and 1 TD
Defense Statistics: Matt Krehbiel had 12 tackles; Jake Peterson had 8 tackles; Cameron Reed had 7 tackles; Banner Chapman had 5 tackles; Logan Leax had an interception (his second of the season)
Upcoming games for Dragon Football:
- September 21 vs. Fort Worth Country Day, 7 p.m., 1st SPC 3A conference game of 2018
- September 28 at Irving Cistercian, 7 p.m.
- October 5 vs. Arlington Oakridge, 7 p.m.
Learn more about The John Cooper School Varsity Football and Athletics news at https://www.johncooper.org/Page/Athletics/News–Scores.