Behavioral Health & Suicide Prevention Task Force to host first Community Help Expo
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, TX – The Behavioral Health & Suicide Prevention Task Force: Montgomery County (BHSP) will host its first annual county-wide Community Help Expo Thursday, November 12 from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Lone Star Expo Center and Fair Grounds, located at 9055 Airport Rd, Conroe, TX 77303. A virtual option is also available. All are welcome to attend this free event.
The Community Help Expo: Navigating Behavioral Health & Suicide is a mental health conference designed to connect people to their local mental health resources. The event will also include breakout sessions, a celebration event for the Behavioral Health Suicide Prevention group, and a call to action for volunteers. There will be an art exhibit and resource fair located in the foyer.
The event’s keynote speaker, Kevin Hines, is a best selling author, global public speaker, and award winning documentary filmmaker. In 2000, Kevin attempted to take his life by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge. Hines now travels the world sharing his story of hope, healing, and recovery while teaching people of all ages the art of wellness & the ability to survive pain with true resilience. His motto is #BeHereTomorrow and every day after that.
- 1:00 p.m: Doors open
- 1:30 pm – 2:20 pm: Mental Health in the world of Covid-19
- 2:30 pm – 3:20 pm: Trauma Informed Care/Trust Based Relational Interaction for Parents
- 3:30 pm – 4:20 pm: How to have tough conversations with your teen about depression & suicide
- 4:30 pm – 5:20 pm: TALK SAVES LIVES
- 5:30 pm – 6:20 pm: Panel Discussion on behavioral health & suicide prevention in Montgomery County
- 6:30 Keynote Speaker: Kevin Hines, Survivor, Storyteller, Film Maker. Hines is a storyteller at heart. He is a best-selling author, global public speaker, and award-winning documentary filmmaker.
- 8:00 pm: Event ends
This event is free, however guests must register to attend in-person or virtually. Register here: www.communityhelp.org.
The Community Help Expo is sponsored by the Rebuild Texas Fund and the Montgomery County BHSP coalition.
The Behavioral Health & Suicide Prevention Task Force: Montgomery County exists to create a happier, healthier community by raising awareness about behavioral health and suicide through education, prevention and connections. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/bhsptaskforcemc.
Sources: Behavioral Health & Suicide Prevention Task Force, AgriLife Extension Community Educational Programs