CISD Sponsoring Free Summer Meals for Children in Community
CONROE, TX – In an effort to reduce the number of children who go hungry during the summer months, Conroe ISD will be sponsoring a summer feeding program for children in our community.
Children ages 18 and under can receive free breakfast and lunch from June 5 through June 27, excluding weekends. The following seven locations will be open for this program:
- Creighton Elementary – 12089 FM 1485, Conroe, TX 77306
- Ford Elementary – 25460 Richards Road, Spring, TX 77386
- Houston Elementary – 1000 North Thompson, Conroe, Texas 77301
- Oak Ridge Elementary – 19675 I-45 South, Conroe, Texas 77385
- Rice Elementary – 904 Gladstell Street, Conroe, TX 77304
- Vogel Intermediate – 27125 Geffert Wright, Spring, TX 77386
- Moorhead Junior High – 13475 Highway 1485, Conroe, TX 77306
Breakfast Serving Times:
- Elementary 7:30 – 8:00 a.m.
- Intermediate/Junior High 7:45 – 8:15 a.m.
Lunch Serving Times:
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
This program is a public service that benefits many in our community. Although targeted at children from low-income families, no child will be turned away from the feeding sites. A state Summer Food Service information line gives callers information about the program and locations across the state. The number is: 211 or text FOODTX to 877-877.
“The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination in all its programs on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital or family status. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD).
To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”