City of Tomball Takes Top Marketing Awards at Festival Conference
TOMBALL, TX – The City of Tomball’s Department of Marketing & Tourism recently received six Gold Kaliff Insurance “Best in Texas” Marketing Awards from the Texas Festivals and Events Association (TFEA) for its 2020-2021 marketing and festival program.
Presented during the TFEA annual conference in San Antonio, the City took Gold “Best in Texas” awards in the following categories:
- Best Overall Virtual Event for the 60-minute “Light It Up” Christmas tree lighting that was streamed live on Facebook in 2020
- Best New Event for the 20th Anniversary 9-11 Remembrance
- Best Single Newspaper Ad for GroovFest, A Celebration of all Things Groovy, Baby!
- Best Radio Ad for GroovFest, A Celebration of all Things Groovy, Baby!
- Best Event Promotional Photograph for GroovFest, A Celebration of all Things Groovy, Baby!
- Best Mascot for railroad engineer Rusty Rails, the branded image of Tomball tourism and festivals
The City also received two Silver awards and one Bronze for promotional merchandise, and print and radio advertising.
Since entering the marketing awards competition in 2012, the City of Tomball’s marketing team has won more than 80 gold marketing awards from the TFEA for events such as the Rails & Tails Mudbug Festival, July 4th Celebration & Street Festival, Zomball in Tomball, and GroovFest!
The Texas Festivals & Events Association is a state-wide organization of more than 175 festivals, destinations, entertainers, carnivals and vendors.