Countywide Waiting List for COVID-19 Vaccine now available
A countywide waiting list for the COVID-19 vaccine is now available through the Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management.
People eligible for the vaccine, in Phase 1A or 1B, can sign up here: https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/2826db87c9124a0fa5f89ce121d7503c?portalUrl=https://MOCO.maps.arcgis.com.
Front-line healthcare workers and residents at long-term care facilities (called Phase 1A) plus people over 65 or with a chronic medical condition that puts them at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19 (called Phase 1B) are currently eligible to receive the COVID 19 vaccine.
Phase 1B recipients include:
- People 65 years of age and older
- People 16 years of age and older with at least one chronic medical condition that puts them at increased risk for severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19, such as but not limited to:
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
- Solid organ transplantation
- Obesity and severe obesity (body mass index of 30 kg/m2 or higher)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
If you are 65 years of age or older and do not have internet access, you can join the vaccine wait list by calling 936-523-3918. Eligible people on the wait list will be contacted to schedule an appointment when vaccines are available through participating providers.
Individual hospitals, physicians’ offices and pharmacies may also have vaccines available to eligible populations. Please check their websites for additional information. You can find a list of providers and additional information on the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) website here: https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/coronavirus/immunize/vaccine-hubs.aspx
Read more about COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ’s at https://mcphd-tx.org/covid-19-vaccine-faqs/
Source: Montgomery County Public Health