Debris Pick Up Information for Creekside Park Residents
THE WOODLANDS (September 7, 2017) – The Woodlands Township, through a contract with Waste Management, will begin debris collection in the majorly impacted areas of the Village of Creekside Park on Friday, September 8, 2017 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Although the Township is hoping that assistance from the Harris County FEMA contractors will be forthcoming in a timely manner, the Township contractor will initiate the collection process to expedite the recovery process in this area as it had extensive residential flood damage causing public safety concerns. The Township will attempt to assure an initial round of debris collection throughout this area, and future curbside debris collection will be provided through the FEMA contractor or through Harris County Precinct 4, who will complete the process through multiple phases.
The Township-contracted debris removal will commence on Friday, September 8th, near the streets of Sundown Ridge and Corbel Point Way using two large-scale grapple trucks. The specific removal locations will be determined each day based on contractor progress, access issues and law enforcement recommendations. The intent is to move through the flood impact area and provide debris removal in an effective, efficient and safe manner.
When the Township-contracted trucks move into an area where the pickup is expected to occur within the next 24-48 hours, the Township will post “No Parking” signs throughout the impacted area and requests that residents avoid parking on the streets until the debris collection in that area is complete. It is imperative that the streets remain clear for efficient debris removal and for safety purposes. Harris County Constables will be on duty throughout the process each day. Residents are free to park in driveways as needed.
Debris Removal Requirements
- All debris must be placed within 12 feet of the curb. Any debris outside of the reach of the grapple truck will not be removed.
- Anything that residents wish to save, that may have been placed by the curb temporarily, should be moved now. If there are other reasons that residents do not want the debris piles moved, clearly mark the pile with a bright color tape and a sign indicating not to remove. Once the contractor completes a pass of the area, the Township contractors will not return and any remaining debris or debris placed out after the Township initial pickup, will remain for pickup by Harris County FEMA contractors or Harris County Precinct 4. Continued on next page THE WOODLANDS TOWNSHIP 2801 Technology Forest Blvd. The Woodlands, TX 77381
- All items placed curbside are considered flood debris and the contractor is not responsible for sorting through items placed curb side.
- No combustibles, hazardous wastes or paint products should be placed within the debris piles.
- If residents are awaiting an appraisal by their insurance agency or FEMA claim, it is advised consult your insurance company or agent to determine what documentation is required. Residents are encouraged to take photos of any items in the debris (appliances, valuables, furniture) prior to removal for documentation, in case this becomes necessary for their claim. If insurance requires that the debris be documented by an adjuster, a resident should clearly mark the debris piles as “do not remove” as noted above, but be advised that the Township contractor will not return for a supplemental pickup. The Township cannot give advice on insurance or FEMA requirements.
The debris removal process will be ongoing and will take considerable time to complete due to the large amount of the debris, the limited trucks available through the Township contract and the narrow streets in the major impact area. The Township will update residents regularly regarding progress and areas of concern.
The Township is also in the process of developing a debris/drop off site in Creekside Park on the west side of Kuykendahl for Township residents of the Village of Creekside Park, and additional information will be provided once details have been finalized.
For additional information, visit https://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov.
Source: The Woodlands Township