Fitness & Sports
Dragon Golf Teams Earn Best Finish Of The Season
THE WOODLANDS, TX – The John Cooper School’s Dragon varsity girls and boys golf teams earned their best finishes of the season. In addition to golf scores, find out about Dragon tennis, baseball, softball, and track & field.
- 3/29 at John Cooper Invitational
- Team score (349) -3rd Place (best finish of the season)
- Tillie Claggett (71) • 1st Place Medalist
- Darcy Wright (73)• 3rd Place Medalist
- Alicia Fein (96)
- Claire Glymph (109)
- Kelly Yang (132)
- Team score (336) 5th Place (best finish of the season)
- Jason Xiao (80)
- Carson Berger (81)
- Elias Boles (83)
- Grant Bergman (92)
“I am extremely proud of all our golfers,” said Coach Rod Gold. “Both teams shot a season best score despite windy conditions. Both teams are ramping up their games for the stretch run. The previous best score for the boys was 367 (an improvement of 31 strokes), and the girls team improved over their last tournament by about 100 strokes. I look forward to watching the continued improvement as we get closer to the SPC Championships. Go Dragons!”
Next up for Dragon Golf:
- 4/12 at Episcopal Invitational, Quail Valley Golf Course
- 4/25-26 at SPC Championships, Pecan Valley Golf Course
- 3/29 vs. Kinkaid*
- Girls 3-2 W • Boys 3-2 L
- 4/1 vs. St Andrew’s Episcopal*
- Girls 4-1 W • Boys 3-2 L
- 4/2 vs. St Stephen’s Episcopal *
- Girls 4-1 W • Boys 4-1 W
Next up for Dragon Tennis:
- 4/12 at Houston Christian*, 4 p.m.
- 4/14 at St. John’s*, 4 p.m.
- 4/22 at Episcopal High School*, 4 p.m.
- 4/1 vs. Houston Christian* • 6-4 L
- 4/2 vs. Tomball Kings • 4-3 W
“We competed against the Kings on Senior Recognition Day,” said Coach Mike Williams. “Senior Blake Pitts triples home senior Beto Valenzuela in the eighth inning for the win.”
Next up for Dragon Baseball:
- 4/7 at St. Stephen’s Episcopal*, 11 a.m.
- 4/7 at St. Andrew’s Episcopal*, 3 p.m.
- 4/13 vs. Fort Bend Christian Academy, 6 p.m. • Teacher Appreciation Night
- 4/14 vs. Episcopal High School*, 7 p.m.
- 3/29 at Bay Area Christian • 9-4 L
- 3/31 vs. Cypress Christian • 11-9 L
Next up for Dragon Softball:
- 4/5 vs. Episcopal High School*, 4:30 p.m.
- 4/8 at Kinkaid*, 5 p.m.
VARSITY TRACK & FIELD
- 4/2 at Fort Bend Invitational
“Nico Signorelli took second and upped his school record in the pole vault to 13’6”,” said Coach Scott Holland. “We were scheduled for an off week but we wanted to keep Nico jumping since he was on a roll.”
Next up for Dragon Track & Field:
- 4/8-9 hosting Cooper Dragon Invitational
- 4/16 at Nick Finnegan Spring Invitational
The John Cooper School is a PK-12 independent, college preparatory day school that has been serving The Woodlands and greater Houston area since 1988.
For more information, visit www.johncooper.org.