Fitness & Sports
Dragon Track & Field Teams Set School Records At Invitational
THE WOODLANDS, TX – The John Cooper School’s Dragon track & field teams set school records while hosting the Cooper Dragon Invitational, plus updates on baseball, softball, golf, and tennis.
VARSITY TRACK & FIELD
- 4/8-9 hosting Cooper Dragon Invitational
GIRLS 1st place • BOYS 2nd place
Girls • Team Champion
- Julianne Hon – Champion Pole Vault – 10’ 5” NEW SCHOOL RECORD
- 4X400m Relay Champions: Onese Ewherido, Milla Signorelli, Sienna Williams, Alexis Seymour
- Abby Mendenhall • 2nd 800m
- Onese Ewherido • 2nd High Jump & 4th 400m
- Haley Lien • 2nd 100m Hurdles
- Megan Day • 2nd 3200m & 5th 1600m
- Sienna Williams 2nd 300m Hurdles & 3rd 100m Hurdles
- Alexis Seymour 3rd 300m Hurdles & 4th 100m Hurdles
- 4X100m Relay 4th: Haley Lien, Mobis Bassir, Katey Prettyman, Onese Ewherido
- Milla Signorelli • 4th 800m & 4th Pole Vault
- Mobis Bassir • 4th Triple Jump
- Haley Slocum • 5th High Jump
- Elisa Ferber • 5th 100m Hurdles & 6th 300m Hurdles
- Annabelle Boyd • 5th Discus & 8th Shot Put
- Alyssa Kuang • 8th High Jump
- Ava Perugini • 8th 3200m
Boys • Team Runner Up
- Connor Dover Champion Shot Put & Discus & 7th 100m
- 4X400m Relay Champion: Tanure Ewherido, Andrew Wilkerson, Amir Rizvi, Adam Elsolh
- Andrew Wilkerson • Champion 800m & 5th 1600m
- Grey Mendenhall • Champion 3200m
- 4x100m Relay 2nd: Ryan Cockrill, Connor Dove, Daniel Schlichter, Jean-Paul Labbe
- Vishnu Swaminathan • 2nd 800m & 2nd 1600m
- Amir Rizvi • 2nd 110m Hurdles & 3rd 300m Hurdles
- Nico Signorelli • 2nd Pole Vault 14’ 6” NEW SCHOOL RECORD
- William Young • 3rd Pole Vault 14’ 6” NEW SCHOOL RECORD
- Jean-Paul Labbe • 3rd 100m
- Carson Hanson • 3rd 800m
- Adam Elsolh • 4th 800m
- Daniel Schlichter • 4th Long Jump & 8th 200m
- Alex Everson • 5th 800m
- Ryan Cockrill • 6th 100m
- Aditya Pakal • 7th 1600m
- Travis Barron • 7th Discus
- Matthew Rock • 7th Triple Jump
- Luke Van Leeuwen • 8th Shot Put & Discus
“It was a great weekend for our home track meet,” said Coach Scott Holland.” We had outstanding performances by vaulters Julianne Hon, William Young & Nico Signorelli, who will all add their names to the school record board. Connor Dove had a strong showing winning the Shot Put & Discus. He also had a 7th place finish in the 100 and helped the 4X100m Relay team to a 2nd place finish. There were plenty of other strong efforts as we head into the final part of the season.”
- St. John’s Nick Finnigan is Saturday then SPC April 29- 30
Next up for Dragon Track & Field:
- 4/16 at Nick Finnegan Spring Invitational
- 4/7 at St. Stephen’s Episcopal* • 7-4 W
- 4/7 at St. Andrew’s Episcopal* • 5-4 L
Next up for Dragon Baseball:
- April 13 vs. Fort Bend Christian Academy, 6 p.m. • Teacher Appreciation Night
- April 14 vs. Episcopal High School*, 7 p.m.
- April 19 vs Mongomery County Mustangs, 6 p.m.
- April 22 at Kinkaid*, 6 p.m.
- April 23 vs. St. John’s*, 1 p.m.
- 4/5 vs Episcopal High School* • 16-3 L
“The Dragons tallied one home run in the day when Grace Minarovic went yard in the first inning,” said Coach Nicole Hedden. “Ella Howard went 2-for-3 at the plate to lead Cooper in hits.”
- 4/8 at Kinkaid* • 20-18 L
“The Dragons collected nine hits with Grace Minarovic and Leah Ruckman leading with nine hits,” said Hedden, “Three home runs were credited to the Dragons. Alexa Toner had a home run in the seventh inning, Maggie Flinn had a long ball in the sixth inning and Minarovic put one out in the fifth inning.”
Next up for Dragon Softball:
- April 14 vs. Houston Christian*, 5 p.m.
- April 19 at Duchesne*, 4:30 p.m.
- April 22 vs. Legacy School of Sports, 5:30 p.m. Senior Recognition
Next up for Dragon Golf:
- April 12 at Episcopal Invitational, Quail Valley Golf Course
- April 25-26 at SPC Championships, Pecan Valley Golf Course
Next up for Dragon Tennis:
- April 12 at Houston Christian*, 4 p.m.
- April 14 at St. John’s*, 4 p.m.
- April 22 at Episcopal High School*, 4 p.m.
The John Cooper School is a PK-12 independent, college preparatory day school that has been serving The Woodlands and greater Houston area since 1988.
For more information, visit www.johncooper.org.