Earth Day GreenUp online registration closes March 21
Join The Woodlands Township for the 11th annual Earth Day GreenUp on Saturday, March 26, 2022. Team up with family and friends to target litter in parks and green spaces. Help keep our community beautiful while enjoying the outdoors.
Online registration for Earth Day GreenUp will close at 8 a.m. on Monday, March 21, 2022. Registration is encouraged, especially for groups, to ensure equipment for all participants. After March 21, walk-up registration will be welcome, although supplies are limited.
Check in between 8 and 10 a.m. at one of eight Township parks. Participants will receive disposable gloves, bags, a map to a nearby cleanup location and a limited supply of trash grabbers. All are encouraged to bring a reusable water bottle and work gloves.
After returning bagged litter and equipment to the check-in site, volunteers will enjoy a “clean your block” party hosted by The Woodlands Township, your local Village Association, and sponsors at each check-in site. Enjoy a pizza lunch and celebrate your efforts with your neighbors from 11 a.m to noon.
Earth Day GreenUp is coordinated by The Woodlands Township Environmental Services Department with support from Waste Management, Woodlands Water, H-E-B, Howard Hughes Corporation, Chevron Phillips Chemical, Papa John’s Pizza, Keep Texas Beautiful and The Woodlands G.R.E.E.N.
To Join Earth Day GreenUp 2022:
- Register through Monday, March 21, 2022, at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/greenup. Walk-up registration will also be welcome.
- Check-in: Saturday, March 26, 2022, 8 to 10 a.m. at a location near you.
- Alden Bridge: Alden Bridge Park
- Cochran’s Crossing: Shadowbend Park
- College Park: Harper’s Landing Park
- Creekside Park: The Lodge at Rob Fleming Park
- Grogan’s Mill: Sawmill Park
- Indian Springs: Falconwing Park
- Panther Creek: Ridgewood Park
- Sterling Ridge: May Valley Park
- Cleanup: 8 to 11 a.m.
- Check-out & Clean Your Block Party: 11 a.m. to noon
- More Info: Call 281-210-3800
On event day, please remember:
- All participants will need to sign a waiver at check-in. Participants under the age of 18 must be signed in by a parent or legal guardian.
- Wear appropriate clothing – long pants and closed-toe shoes or boots are recommended
- Remember hats, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, reusable gloves and water bottle
- Disposable gloves and bags will be provided
- A limited number of grabbers and vests will be available for groups that register
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 281-210-3800.
Source: The Woodlands Township