Memorial Hermann In the Pink of Health distributes $500K to Local Organizations Fighting Cancer
THE WOODLANDS, Texas – The Memorial Hermann In the Pink of Health Committee announced the distribution of $500,000 to help cancer survivors in and around the greater Montgomery County area.
“Memorial Hermann In the Pink is dedicated to providing resources, treatment, and support help overcome breast and ovarian cancer in our community. We are so thankful for the donors who have joined with us and supported our mission,” said In the Pink of Health co-chair Debra Cooper.
Local organizations including Interfaith Community Clinic, The Rose, Ovarcome and Canopy were recipients of funds raised at the 2018 Memorial Hermann In the Pink of Health Luncheon and associated events:·
- $225,000 to Canopy, a cancer survivorship center on the campus of Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center·
- $65,000 to Interfaith Community Clinic to provide mammograms for underserved women and support breast cancer education and outreach·
- $68,750 for continued investment in state-of-the-art technology at the Memorial Hermann Breast Care Center at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands·
- $45,000 to The Rose for breast screening, diagnostics, and treatment for women of all ages·
- $13,750 to Ovarcome to assist in its mission to increase awareness of ovarian cancer and its symptoms·
- $32,500 for educational materials for survivors through the oncology nurse navigator at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands·
- $50,000 toward the 2019 Memorial Hermann In the Pink of Health Luncheon, which has raised more than five million dollars dedicated to providing resources, treatment and support for patients and survivors of breast and ovarian cancer since its inception in 2001
“Our generous community members can trust that their donations will impact thousands of women and their families in the greater Montgomery county area. The organizations we support provide valuable education, support, and treatment services to cancer survivors in all stages of their journey,” said In the Pink of Health co-chair Dee Gelisomini.
The Annual Memorial Hermann In the Pink of Health Luncheon is being held at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott & Convention Center from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 18, 2019. To sponsor the luncheon or to purchase a table, visitwww.inthepinkofhealth.org or call 713.897.PINK (7465).