Fitness & Sports
Oguchi is SPC Champion, Boys Track & Field Finishes Sixth for John Cooper School
THE WOODLANDS, TX – The John Cooper School’s Amarachukwu Oguchi is the SPC Champion in Discus and Shot Put, and the Boys Track & Field finishes sixth.
VARSITY TRACK & FIELD
“Amarachukwu Oguchi finished her Cooper career dominating the Shot Put and Discus at the SPC Championships,” said Coach Scott Holland. “She won the shot by 8’ and won the discus by 42’. It has been a great run and since her chance at SPC Titles were ended last year by COVID, I so glad she got this opportunity to shine. She was the only girl from The John Cooper School to qualify for the SPC championships with 22 Cooper athletes qualifying.”
On the boys’ side, Ben Currin and William Young each earned All SPC Honors placing second in the Discus and Pole Vault. Young’s finish in the Pole Vault tied the school record 12’ 6’.
“The rest of the squad competed well,” continued Coach Holland. “We did miss a few point here and there. We finished sixth overall with only six points separating fourth from sixth place.”
- Ben Currin • 2nd Discus, 8th Shot Put
- William Young • 2nd Pole Vault 12’ 6”– ties school record
- Jackson Kovin • 4th 200m
- Tanure Ewherido • 4th 400m
- Will McDermott • 4th 1600m
- Andrew Wilkerson • 5th 800m
- Amir Rizvi • 5th 300m Hurdles; 6th 110m Hurdles
- Connor Dove • 5th Shot Put; 8th Discus
- Owen Woodside • 6th Shot Put; 6th Discus
- Matthew Rock • 6th Triple Jump
- 4X400m Relay 6th • Tanure Ewherido, Carson Hanson, Amir Rizvi, Jackson Kovin
- 4X800m Relay 7th • Vishnu Swaminathan, Adam Elsolh, Zac Winton, Grey Mendenhall
- Daniel Schlichter • 8th Long Jump
The John Cooper School is a PK-12 independent, college preparatory day school that has been serving The Woodlands and greater Houston area since 1988.
For more information, visit www.johncooper.org.