Precinct 3 Recycling Center Accepting Yard Debris Free of Charge
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, TX – In the aftermath of Wednesday night’s storm and subsequent cleanup efforts, Precinct 3 Commissioner James Noack has instructed the Precinct 3 Recycling team to waive any fees for yard debris drop-off at the facility.
Recycling facility services are for the use of Montgomery County residents, who should be prepared to show identification verifying their residence at the time of drop-off.
The facility is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday at 1122 Pruitt Road, Spring, TX 77380. In addition, the facility will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sunday, June 25.
- Precinct 3 crews, with the help of all other county precincts, are busy removing roadway and right-of-way debris affecting travel lanes, safety and drainage. This is the top priority for debris removal at this time.
- Commissioner Noack is in the process of solidifying contracted resources to help with removal of private property debris that residents place along county right of way. Precinct 3 will update the community when these services will be available.
In the meantime:
- Residents are encouraged to use the Precinct 3 Recycling Center for free yard waste drop-off.
- Residents should place yard debris along the right of way for upcoming free pickup services. (Note: The county is prohibited by law from entering private property to make repairs and/or improvements, such as tree and yard debris removal).
- Residents are discouraged from placing any yard debris in the drainage ditch or roadway, as it could have a negative impact on stormwater drainage and traffic safety, respectively.
Unlike previous major storms such as Hurricanes Harvey and Ike that were declared federal disasters, at this time there will be no additional funding or resources outside the county available to provide residents extra help removing debris in the aftermath of this week’s storm.
Precinct 3 appreciates residents’ understanding of the situation, their efforts to clean up private property and their patience as Precinct 3 and the county work diligently on cleanup efforts.
For more information, contact Andrew DuBois, Precinct 3 Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 936-522-9305.