Schedule for Emergency Preparedness Event Activities
THE WOODLANDS, TX – Residents and employees in The Woodlands have the opportunity to learn about the latest resources available to help prepare for a hurricane, flood or any emergency at The Woodlands Township Emergency Preparedness Event on Saturday, March 30, 2019, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The Woodlands Township, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, 77381. The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch is producing the annual free, family event, and Center Point Energy is the presenting sponsor.
Participants and sponsors will be available to answer questions about emergency preparedness and provide giveaways, handouts and snacks while they last. Presentations and demonstrations will be held throughout the event, including a talk on Hurricane Predictions for 2019 by National Weather Service Warning Coordination Meteorologist Dan Reilly.
Attendees will also learn about emergency preparedness related volunteer opportunities, view demonstrations, learn about useful emergency apps, web links and social media and view brief emergency preparedness videos to help prepare for a hurricane or other emergency.
Presentation Schedule: (Inside – Board Chambers)
- 10:15 a.m.: The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch (10 minutes)
- 10:30 a.m.: Operation Storm Ready – Presented by Entergy Texas, Inc. (20 minutes)
- 11 a.m.: Harvey Storm Inundation – Presented by The Woodlands Joint Powers Agency (10 minutes)
- 11:15 a.m.: Storm Recovery – Presented by CenterPoint Energy (25 minutes)
- 11:50 a.m.: 2019 Hurricane Predictions – Presented by the National Weather Service (30 minutes)
Ongoing Activities: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.*
Exhibitor Booths, Indoors and Outdoors – displays, giveaways, handouts and/or representatives to answer questions. Check the map in the west lobby on March 30, 2019, for exhibitor layout map.
- CenterPoint Energy – Presenting Sponsor
- Entergy Texas, Inc. – Gold Sponsor
- The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch ‒ Safety Tips
- The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch – Emergency Preparedness, Emergency Document Bags and mini lanterns while supplies last; drawing box
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office – Crime Prevention Unit Deputy
- Harris County Constable’s Office, Precinct 4 – Deputy
- The Woodlands Fire Department
- H-E-B – water bottles, snacks and drawing item
- Montgomery County Sheriff Citizen Academy Alumni Association
- National Weather Service
- Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- The Woodlands Joint Powers Agency (The Woodlands MUDs, except 386) – Bronze Sponsor
- Municipal District Services (MUD 386) – Bronze Sponsor
- Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- State Farm-James Pearson – Bronze Sponsor
- Interfaith of The Woodlands
- United Way of Greater Houston
- Montgomery County Public Health/Medical Reserve Corps
- Montgomery County Search and Rescue
- Community Assistance Center
- Operation Hope, Inc.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Ready Houston – Regional Emergency Preparedness Video: Ready Houston ‒ Are You Ready? (15 minutes)
Front Parking Lot
- CenterPoint Energy Bucket Trucks – Presenting Sponsor
- CERT – The Woodlands
- The Woodlands Fire Department – Fire Apparatus
- American Red Cross
- The Woodlands Township Environmental Services Department – Mosquito Information
- Township Park Ranger
- Montgomery County Hospital District Ambulance
- Montgomery County Hospital District Bike Team – Bike and Pedestrian Safety
- Montgomery County Constable’s Office, Precinct 3 – Vehicles
- Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) Command Trailer
- CenterPoint Energy Bucket Trucks
- Texas A&M AgriLife
- Tall Timbers District, BSA
- Home Depot
*All presentations, demonstrations, participants and times are subject to change. This is an indoor/outdoor, rain or shine event, so in case of inclement weather, some activities may be canceled or moved indoors.
For more information, please visit The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch website calendar for March 30, 2019, at https://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/Calendar or contact The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch at 281-210-3800.