Schools across Montgomery County extend closures until April 10
UPDATED: 3/20/2020 at 12:49 p.m.
On Monday, March 16, school districts across Montgomery County shared updates and extended the period each district will remain closed through April 10.
- Conroe ISD – through April 10, plans reevaluated on April 6
- Magnolia ISD – through April 10 View Update
- Montgomery ISD – suspending normal operations until April 13 View Update
- New Caney ISD – through April 19 View Update
- Spring ISD – through April 10 View Update
- Splendora ISD – through April 10 View Update
- The Woodlands Christian Academy – through April 10 View Update
- The John Cooper School – through April 10 View Update
- Tomball ISD – through April 10 View Update
- Willis ISD – through April 10 View Update
On March 19, Governor Abbott issued an executive order stating, “In accordance with the Guidelines from the President and the CDC, schools shall temporarily close.” The order will be effective on a statewide basis starting at 11:59 PM on March 20, 2020 and will end at 11:59 PM on April 3, 2020, subject to extension thereafter based on the status of COVID-19 in Texas and the recommendations of the CDC. Read the order here.
Conroe ISD provided an update on Facebook Live with Dr. Curtis Null, Superintendent, and Coordinator of Health Services, Barbara Robertson, on Monday, March 16th, at 6:00 PM. Watch the video below:
This page will be updated as additional schools and districts announce closures.