Solid waste services affected by the holidays for Township residents
THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (December 15, 2020) – In observance of the Christmas and New Year holidays, there will be no solid waste collection services on Friday, December 25, 2020, or Friday, January 1, 2021.
All services are affected: trash, recycling, yard trimmings and bulk pickup. The chart below shows when services will be provided.
If your regular collection day is: Then your Holiday week collection day will be:
Monday December 21 / December 28 Monday December 21 / December 28
Tuesday December 22 / December 29 Tuesday December 22 / December 29
Wednesday December 23 / December 30 Wednesday December 23 / December 30
Thursday December 24 / December 31 Thursday December 24 / December 31
Friday December 25 / January 1 Saturday December 26 / January 2
Regular pick-up schedule will resume Monday, January 4, 2021.
Recycle Holiday Boxes and Wrappings
If your recycling cart is full, take advantage of special holiday recycling. On the first service day following December 25, 2020, in each Village, additional cardboard boxes, gift boxes and plain recyclable wrapping paper will be picked up for recycling. Please note: No foil, glitter or embossed paper is allowed.
- Break down smaller gift and mailing boxes to consolidate into one box.
- Put extra paper wrappings in a small box.
- Place additional boxes at the curb next to the recycling cart.
- The holiday recycling truck is reserved only for recyclables.
- DO NOT bag your recyclables. Leave them loose in the box or cart.
- NO plastic bags.
- NO Styrofoam™
- NO bubble wrap.
- NO ribbon, decorations or Christmas lights.
- Failure to follow guidelines will result in items being left at the curb.
Cut Christmas Tree Recycling – Unflocked Trees Only
- Remove tree stand, all decorations and lights.
- Place the tree at the curb on your regular service day for collection by the yard trimmings truck.
- Natural trees can also be dropped off at The Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Park, 6464 Creekside Forest Drive, between December 26, 2020, and January 7, 2021. Please deposit trees in the Christmas Tree Corral in the parking lot at any time of day. Trees will be chipped and used as ground cover at the facility.
Flocked Christmas Tree Disposal
- Schedule for bulk pickup by calling Waste Management Customer Service at
- Call at least two working days before your regular service day.
- Flocked Christmas trees must be landfilled.
Extra Trash Bags
- Extra bags of trash can be placed on the curb next to your cart.
- Each bag must be affixed with a pink extra service tag.
- Purchase tags for $1.75 each from The Woodlands Township offices, Kroger (Cochran’s Crossing, Alden Bridge and Sterling Ridge)
- Each bag may weigh no more than 40 pounds.
Hours for The Woodlands Recycling Center, located at 5402 Research Forest Dr., are not affected by the holiday.
- Open every Wednesday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Open every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
To report a missed pickup or schedule bulky trash pickup, please contact Waste Management Customer Service at 800-800-5804 or email@example.com.
Usable Home Items in Good Condition
Consider donating usable items to local charities before throwing them away. A list of all local donation centers can be found at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/donationguide.
For more information about trash and recycling services, visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/trashandrecycling.
Source: The Woodlands Township