Texas Renaissance Festival welcomes 655K during 44th Season
For nine weekends, from Saturday, September 29 to Sunday, November 25, the Texas Renaissance Festival, the nation’s largest Renaissance-themed event, shared its magical 16th century village with Festival patrons who travelled from near and far.
Welcoming a total of 655,111 attendees in its 44th season, the Texas Renaissance Festival saw its second highest attendance on record in 2018.
“We are honored to have served our faithful patrons for yet another year, featuring nine themed weekends, award-winning food, best-in-class entertainment and all of our brand new events and experiences,” says Texas Renaissance Festival General Manager Terre Albert. “We’re already looking forward to celebrating our 45th year together in 2019 – complete with lots of new surprises!”
Fun Facts about the 2018 Texas Renaissance Festival:
- 21 total days of operation for the Festival
- 655,111 total attendance for the 2018 season
- 21,865 total campground attendance
- 63,731 School Days attendance
- 68 Weddings (New Record)
- Most weddings performed in one day: 7
- 5 Marriage proposals
- 98,267 Turkey legs consumed
- 30 lbs of haggis consumed in the Highland Fling weekend Haggis Eating Contest
- New Guinness World Record for the most stock whip cracks, 231, on a slackline in one minute set by Adam Crack on the Falconer’s Heath stage on October 28.
- An average of 25,000 steps walked by a guest during a festival day
- 1.5 Million Fireworks set off during the Royal Fireworks display each evening
The Texas Renaissance Festival is the nation’s largest and most acclaimed Renaissance themed event. Established in 1974, the event attracts over half a million visitors each year to its 55-acre recreation of a 16th Century European village. This immersive experience features world renowned live entertainment, works by master artists and craftspeople, award winning food and drink, hand-powered rides and games, and over 100 interactive characters during its nine themed weekends from September 29 through November 25, 2018. The festival and the adjacent Fields of New Market Campground are located in Todd Mission, Texas 50 miles northwest of downtown Houston.
For more information, visit www.texrenfest.com and install the free Texas Renaissance Festival mobile app on your phone, available in the App Store and Google Play.