The Woodlands Township Board holds Incorporation Planning Session
THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held an Incorporation Planning Session at The Woodlands Township, 2801 Technology Forest Blvd., The Woodlands, Texas 77381, on Thursday, February 20, 2020, to discuss future governance.
The Board of Directors discussed the following incorporation-related matters on the Regular Agenda:
- Reviewed decision points for the Incorporation Study Financial Model.
- Reviewed the proposed maximum initial tax rate. After discussion, the Board deferred a decision on the proposed maximum initial tax rate until the Regular Board meeting on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
- Reviewed tax calculator.
- Discussed future community outreach.
- Discussed next steps and adopted the upcoming planning session schedule.
Watch the video of the Incorporation Planning Session meeting at https://woodlandstx.new.swagit.com/videos/43085?ts=4133
Incorporation planning sessions are typically on the same days as the Board’s regular business meetings.
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors also held its regular meeting at 4 p.m. that same day, February 20.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received Administrative Reports from Township departments.
- Approved the conveyance of The Woodlands Village of Cochran’s Crossing Section Seven Unrestricted Reserve “B”.
- Approved the Second Amendment to Lease Agreement with The Woodlands Land Development Company, L.P. for a trail segment in the Village of Creekside Park.
- Approved the contract amendment with First Class Transportation, LLC, the successor in interest to First Class Tours, Inc., for commuter bus services.
- Awarded bid/contract for Fire Department Landscape Maintenance Services.
- Awarded bid/contract for Fire Department Records Management System software, ESO Solutions, Inc.
- Approved a resolution adopting a list of Qualified Brokers authorized to engage in investment transactions with The Woodlands Township.
- Approved an Interlocal Agreement with Region 6 Education Service Center regarding membership in the Educational Purchasing Interlocal Cooperative.
- Approved revisions to the Township Personnel Policy Manual.
- Approved renewal of the Township’s Property, Liability and Workers’ Compensation Insurance for the policy period January 1, 2020 – January 1, 2021.
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Took no action on Incorporation Planning Study matters.
- Received and accepted an update on the feral hog issues.
- Took no action on appeals to the conversion from Brazos Transit District paper tickets to Township electronic tickets for The Woodlands Express park and ride service.
- Approved the 2020-2021 Parks and Recreation Department Aquatics Division Business and Operational Plan.
- Conducted a Public Hearing regarding proposed amendments to Township Order No. 020-09 regarding Recreation Facility Fees as identified in the 2020-2021 Parks and Recreation Department Aquatics Division Business and Operational Plan.
- Approved proposed amendments to Township Order No. 020-09 regarding User fees for the Use of Park, Recreation and Open Space Areas.
- Received a briefing on Coronavirus Awareness and Preparedness.
Watch the video of the regular meeting at https://woodlandstx.new.swagit.com/videos/43081?ts=1
The next Board of Directors regular meeting is scheduled to be held on Wednesday, February 26, 2020 at 6 p.m.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view Board of Directors meetings videos, visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.
Source: The Woodlands Township