The Woodlands Township Board holds meeting on October 24
THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting at 4 p.m. Wednesday, October 24, 2018, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
Before addressing agenda items, the Board of Directors issued three proclamations.
- In recognition of the contributions servicemen and women have made to the cause of peace and freedom around the world, the Board of Directors honor and recognize Sunday, November 11, 2018 as Veterans Day.
- To celebrate the economic and environmental value of recycling, the Board of Directors proclaimed Saturday, November 10, 2018 as America Recycles Day in The Woodlands, Texas.
- In support of local small businesses and the contributions they make to our local economy and community, the Board of Directors proclaimed Saturday, November 24, 2018 as Small Business Saturday in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors accepted reports from Village Association representatives from the villages of Cochran’s Crossing, College Park, Indian Springs and Sterling Ridge.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Awarded a bid for swimming pool chemicals.
- Approved changes to the Special Events Permitting Policy to address commercial fireworks displays.
- Awarded bids for Park Maintenance Services, Pathway Maintenance Services and for Cul-de-Sac Islands Maintenance.
- Approved a First Amendment to Alpha & Omega Services Inc. Royal Courtesy Mounted Patrol Agreement.
- Approved Acoustical Wall Panels for the Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Park.
- Approved a Naming Rights/Sponsorship Agreement for the Tri The Woodlands event.
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Tabled a Resolution regarding the Research Forest Drive and Grogan’s Mill Road underpass.
- Deferred action on Phases Three and Four of the Communication Towers project.
- Received quarterly updates on Law Enforcement from the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Montgomery County Constable Precinct 3 and Harris County Constable Precinct 4.
- Approved the 2018 Budget Amendment related to 2017 Developer Capital Budget Carryovers.
- Deferred action on audio visual improvement requests from the Development Standards Committee.
- Deferred action on a request to assemble in the Town Hall Parking Lot for a public prayer rally.
- Approved the name of the adventure course at the Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Park.
- Approved a grant application to the Houston-Galveston Area Council (H-GAC) for a Park and Ride pilot program route to the Energy Corridor.
- Tabled changes to The Woodlands Express Bus routes and schedules.
- Tabled policies pertaining to The Woodlands Express.
- Tabled the quarterly report from Visit The Woodlands (Convention & Visitors Bureau).
- Tabled the financial report.
- Removed for future consideration the Agenda Item for an Amendment to Donation Special Warranty Deed for the Waterway Square Fountain agreements with The Woodlands Development Company.
- Removed for future consideration the Agenda Item for authorizing repairs to the Waterway Square Fountains.
Watch the video of the meeting on The Woodlands Township’s website here.
The next Board of Directors regular meeting is scheduled to be held at 4 p.m. Wednesday, November 28, 2018. For more information on The Woodlands Township, visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov or call 281-210-3800.