The Woodlands Township COVID-19 Update – August 31
The Woodlands Township shared the following COVID-19 Update on Monday, August 31, 2020.
Chairman Bunch Provides an Update on Indoor and Outdoor Capacity at Restaurants
Please support your favorite local restaurant by dining in and ordering takeout or delivery. View the video here.
Montgomery County COVID-19 Case Count Sees an Increase of 156 Positive Cases
Montgomery County Public Health District, in conjunction with the Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, sadly confirms four additional deaths related to COVID-19, bringing the total to 114.
- A woman in her 60s, from Willis, died in hospice care. She had co-morbidities in addition to testing positive for COVID-19.
- A woman in her 70s, from Spring, died in the hospital. She had co-morbidities in addition to testing positive for COVID-19.
- A man in his 70s, from Spring, died in the hospital. He had co-morbidities in addition to testing positive for COVID-19.
- A man in his 80s, from Spring, died in hospice care. He had co-morbidities in addition to testing positive for COVID-19.
Sincere condolences to all four families at this difficult time.
- TOTAL cases of COVID-19 increased by 156 to 8,736 since Friday’s (8/28) report.
- Cases are continuing to be processed that were reported to The Department of State Health Services (DSHS) directly by healthcare providers and entered into the National Electronic Disease Surveillance System (NEDSS), run by the CDC. Out of the 156 new total cases since Friday’s report, 13 (from the NEDSS system) tested positive prior to August 10th. See additional information here: https://www.texastribune.org/2020/08/14/texas-coronavirus-testing-dshs/.
- ACTIVE cases of COVID-19 increased by 72 to 1,398 since Friday’s (8/28) report.
- 31 residents are known to be in the hospital, as a result of contact investigations. Contact investigations have not been initiated on all reported cases.
- 5,993 people have clinically recovered.
Take steps to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
- Consider staying home unless it is necessary to leave your home.
- Avoid groups of people.
- Practice social distancing.
- Wear a mask (if it is necessary to leave your home).
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Disinfect surfaces in your car and around your home.
Have questions? Please go to https://mcphd-tx.org/ and scroll down to the FAQs. Find more information on the SETRAC website, setrac.org. View the list of case-by-case updates on the MCPHD website here: https://mcphd-tx.org/coronavirus-covid-19/confirmed-cases/. Refer to the dashboard here: https://coronavirus-response-moco.hub.arcgis.com/.
Harris County COVID-19 Case Count
Harris County Public Health (HCPH) publishes their daily case count, combined with the City of Houston’s daily case count, here. Cases by zip code in Harris County can be found by clicking on areas of the map.
The Village of Creekside Park is located in two zip codes: 77375 and 77389, and these also include Magnolia, Augusta Pines/Auburn Lakes/West Rayford Road in northwest Harris County. Today, Harris County is reporting zip code 77375 has 846 confirmed positive cases with 64 active cases, and 77389 has 418 confirmed positive cases with 16 active cases.
COVID-19 Case Count Brief from The Woodlands Fire Department
As of Monday, August 31, 2020, + or – signifies change since previous report.
- 8,736 Confirmed +156 (143 New cases, 13 entered via backlog from August)
- 1,398 – Active Cases +72
- 114 – Deaths +4
- 5,993 – Recovered +80
- 31- Hospitalized -6
- 42,761- Confirmed +2,395
- 2,150 – Active Cases -1,814
- 515 – Deaths +23
- 40,094 – Recovered +4,186
Get Tested for COVID-19
Free COVID-19 testing is available for residents of Montgomery County online at https://www.mchd-tx.org. Call 936-523-3916 for more information.
Harris County residents may also sign up for free COVID-19 testing online at hcphtx.org. Call 832-927-7575 for more information.
View the full update at https://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/civicalerts.aspx?AID=3220
Source: The Woodlands Township