The Woodlands Township holds budget workshop
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a budget workshop to determine the 2021 Township Budget on Wednesday, August 5, 2020, via videoconference, at 8:30 a.m.
The Board of Directors took the following action on the Consent Agenda:
- Ratified all actions taken by the Board at the July 30, 2020 meeting.
The Board of Directors discussed the following matters on the Regular Agenda:
- Approved the 2021 Preliminary Budget with a proposed tax rate of $0.2231 for The Woodlands Township. View the presentation here.
- Accepted a report regarding the 2020 no-new-revenue tax rate and voter-approval tax rate.
- Approved the Third Amended Interlocal Cooperation Agreement by and between Montgomery County, Texas and The Woodlands Township, related to law enforcement services, as approved by the Township attorney.
- Approved Budget Initiatives 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 16, 17, 18, 21, 24, 25, 26 (a) and (d) and 29 related to the 2021 Preliminary Budget and Five-Year Plan. Deferred Budget Initiatives 12, 14, 22, 23 and 27. The Board did not approve Budget Initiatives 1, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 19, 20, 26 (b) and (c ), 28 and 30. Approved proposed amendments to the 2021 Preliminary Budget and Five-Year Plan.
- Approved the proposed 2020 debt service tax rate of $0.0151 per one hundred dollars of taxable value and maintenance and operations tax rate of $0.2080 per one hundred dollars of taxable value.
- Deferred the date and time for a public hearing on the proposed 2020 property tax rate.
Budget workshops are open to the general public to watch online at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/778/Meeting-Videos.
Members of the public are also able to provide their comments via phone call. For the August 6, 2020 videoconference meeting, members of the public may provide public comment by calling 346-248-7799 or 877-853-5247 (toll-free), then enter ID 815 1909 7774 #. Calls will be taken in the order the calls are received and only during the “public comment” agenda item. This phone number is active only for this Board meeting. New phone numbers will be issued for each future meeting during the public health pandemic emergency.
Additional workshops are scheduled for August 6-7, 2020, also at 8:30 a.m. Please view the Agendas link for more information, including call-in numbers, which are located at the bottom of each agenda.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.
Source: The Woodlands Township