Tomball Announces Full Lineup of Fall Festivals & Events
TOMBALL, TX – From the end of September through jingle bells of Christmas, Tomball, Texas will be loaded with fun-filled festivals and events for the entire family.
- September 28th – 2nd Annual GroovFest, a Celebration of All Things Groovy, Baby! It’s a flashback to the Summer of Love with live music from The Fab 5, Picture Book, and Johnny & the Spinsations. There will be more than 100 classic VW’s, vendors and far out festival foods, kids’ zone, and more.
- October 5th – Paces 4 Pink is a 5K run and walk through downtown Tomball benefiting breast cancer awareness programs and early screenings.
- October 12th – Zomball in Tomball is the City’s Halloween themed festival for families with a giant community driven trunk-or-treat, activities, entertainment, and movie under the stars at dark.
- October 19th – 4th Annual Freight Train Food Truck Festival with 20 rolling gourmet kitchens spread around the historic downtown Railroad Depot. Performing are Folk Family Revival and Mambo Jazz Kings.
- October 26th – 8th Annual Tomball Bluegrass Festival will feature live performances of American roots music from The Lone Star Bluegrass Band, The Coleman Brothers, and Travers Chandler & Avery County on the Depot stage. There’s a “Shade Tree Jam” for pickers and grinners to sit back under the trees and join in with other musicians, food and merchandise vendors, and a kids’ zone, too.
- November 9th – 2nd Annual Depot Day, a National Model Railroad Month Event. There will be detailed model railroad layouts in three scales inside the historic Depot, the old caboose and on the grounds of the Depot Museum. There are railroad artifacts and art, memorabilia, tools, and equipment. Kids can become an engineer for the day on a scaled down model railroad layout and have other fun activities, too. Live vintage music and costumed volunteers recall the early days of Tomball and the Trinity & Brazos Valley Railroad that once stopped in Tomball.
- November 22nd – 2nd Annual Light It Up! Christmas Tree Lighting with Cool Freddie & the Crew and other live entertainment, community “stocking stuffers” for kids, free cookies, snacks, hot chocolate, and of course, Santa and his buddies.
- November 23rd – The annual Tomball Holiday Parade on Main Street presented by the Greater Tomball Area Chamber of Commerce. More than 100 colorful holiday floats and rolling displays, marching bands, and Santa Claus and his helpers.
- December 7th – Christmas on Commerce is Tomball’s traditional holiday event for families and kids. There will be local school choirs and orchestras, activities and entertainment, crafts, vendors and food, and Santa with Mrs. Claus.
- December 13th – 15th – Tomball German Christmas Market boasts 200 merchandise, food and beverage vendors, four stages, loads of entertainment and street performers, kids zone, carnival and more. Meet Father Christmas and other characters, too.
Tomball’s festivals are all in the old downtown area. Parking and admission are free. Free parking and shuttle service from HCA – Tomball hospital are provided only for the Tomball German Christmas Market.
Tomball is just 28 miles northwest of downtown Houston on FM 2920 at Highway 249. For more information, visit www.tomballtx.gov, www.tomballgermanfest.org, or “Tomball Texan For Fun” on Facebook.