Custom Text


Tomball ISD to Hold Family Enrollment Night for Students New to District

By  | 

TOMBALL, TX – Tomball ISD will be hosting a Family Enrollment Night on August 1, 2019 from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Tomball Junior High School located at 30403 Quinn Rd, Tomball, 77375, and Willow Wood Junior High School, located at 11770 Gregson Rd, Tomball, 77377.

This event has been designed to assist families new to Tomball ISD that are needing to enroll multiple children into Tomball ISD schools as well as parents/guardians who need to enroll students after regular working hours for the 2019-2020 school year. Click here to view school zones and maps.




Registration Requirements

In order to enroll children in Tomball ISD schools, an online enrollment application must be completed. The application is available at Computers will be available during Family Enrollment Night for individuals who do not have access to an Internet-connected computer. The online enrollment application may be completed at this time.

The person enrolling the student must be the student’s natural parent, legal guardian, or other person with legal responsibility for the child along with documentation (such as a birth certificate, court order, power of attorney, etc.).

Age Requirements: Student Age is calculated as of September 1 of the current school year.

  • Pre-Kindergarten students must be age 4 on or before September 1 of the current school year as well as meet the eligibility requirements for Pre-Kindergarten.
  • Kindergarten students must be age 5 on or before September 1 of the current school year.
  • First-grade students must be age 6 on or before September 1 of the current school year.

Proof of Residence – The proof of residence must be a hard copy in the name of the person with legal responsibility for the child or in the name of the person with whom the responsible party is living which requires an Affidavit of Residence. An Affidavit of Residence can be obtained through online application and approval by Administrative Services, located at Central Office, 310 South Cherry Street, Tomball, Texas.

  • Current Residents
    • Current Utility Bill (light, gas or water)
    • Current Property Tax Statement (with Homestead Exemption)
    • Lease Agreement
      • Student(s) must be listed as an occupant on an apartment lease
      • An agreement between individuals requires both notarized signatures
  • House Payment Voucher
  • Affidavit of Residence 
  • Future Residents
    • Letter from Home Builder *
    • Lease Agreement with move-in date indicated *
    • * Move-in date must occur within 6 weeks of the student starting school. Move-ins occurring beyond 6-weeks after the student starts school must be approved by Administrative Services in the Central Administration Office
  • Non-Residents
    • Inter-district Transfers are approved on a limited basis




Immunization Record – A record showing that the child has the immunizations required by Education Code 38.001, proof that the child is not required to be immunized, or proof that the child is entitled to provisional admission. Click here for immunization requirements. Social Security Card – in the state of Texas students are tracked by the state identification number. The Texas Education Agency prefers that students are coded using their Federal Social Security Number and schools are required to ask for this information. If acceptable proof is not provided an alternative state id number may be used; however, this id is not accepted by institutions of higher education. Acceptable proof includes:

  • Copy of the Social Security Card
  • Records from the previous school
  • Income Tax Forms

Proof of Identification for Student (per the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure 63.019)

  • A certified copy of the child’s birth certificate, or another document suitable as proof of the child’s identity as defined by the Commissioner of Education in the Student Attendance Accounting Handbook.
  • The name of the previous school attended by the student
  • A copy of the child’s records from the schools the child most recently attended

 Proof of Identification for Person Enrolling Student

  • Current valid state, federal or international photo identification that contains the name, birth date and signature
  • Proof of residency as defined above

Those unable to produce the documentation as outlined may speak with a campus registrar for assistance. Tomball ISD staff will be available at each campus to process and approve affidavits and transfers.

After August 1, applicants must call the child’s campus to schedule an appointment for enrollment.

Source: Tomball ISD