Township Board meets, approves Texas TreeVentures expansion
THE WOODLANDS, TX – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting on Wednesday, October 26, 2022. The Board discussed numerous topics including updates from Law Enforcement, Visit The Woodlands, Township departments and village associations in addition to expansion plans for Texas TreeVentures, and an agreement with Harris County for joint funding of improvements to the Spring Creek Greenway.
The Board of Directors also issued three proclamations in recognition of Veterans Day, Small Business Saturday and The Woodlands Recycles Day.
- The Board proclaimed November 11, 2022, as Veterans Day in The Woodlands in honor of all who have worn the uniform and continue to serve their country as civilians. The Township will host a Veterans Day Tribute at Town Green Park on Friday, November 11, 2022, at 4:30 p.m. This one-hour event will feature the Presentation of the Colors, a keynote speaker, and patriotic music. The public is encouraged and welcome to participate in this event. For more information, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/veteransday.
- The Board proclaimed November 12, 2022, as The Woodlands Recycles Day. Reducing, reusing and recycling saves energy, conserves natural resources, protects the environment, reduces air pollution and landfill needs, creates jobs and has a positive economic impact. The Woodlands Township Environmental Services Department will host the 3R Recycling Drive-thru Event on Saturday, November 12, 2022, to celebrate the value of recycling to our community. For more information, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/3rdrivethru.
- The Board proclaimed Saturday, November 26, 2022, as Small Business Saturday in The Woodlands. Small Business Saturday encourages shoppers to shop with small businesses and retailers in support of local business. Public and private organizations, across the country have endorsed the Saturday after Thanksgiving as Small Business Saturday.
On the Regular Agenda, the Board discussed and acted on the following as noted.
- Received quarterly updates on Law Enforcement. View the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office presentation. View the Internet Crimes Against Children presentation.
- Received a quarterly update from the Development Standards Committee. View the presentation.
- Received the financial report. View the presentation.
- Approved an Interlocal Agreement with Harris County for joint funding of improvements to the Spring Creek Greenway, through the George Mitchell Nature Preserve, which is one of the longest connected urban forests in the country. These improvements include the Spring Creek Greenway, which is a hard surface trail spanning from the Creekside Park West Trailhead to Gosling Road. The Township will contribute $5 million to fund bridges and crossings with a projected completion date of 2025-26. View the presentation.
- Approved the Challenge Design Innovations proposal for Texas TreeVentures Phase II expansion which includes a 24-element course expansion, increased deck space with shade, and additional equipment. The expansion portion of the project will cost $144,518 and is anticipated for completion in March 2023. View the presentation.
- Received a quarterly update from Visit The Woodlands (Convention & Visitors Bureau). View the presentation.
Earlier in the meeting, the Board acted on the following on the Consent Agenda: approved the 2023 Township Pay Structure; accepted a Perk Your Park grant from the National Recreation and Parks Association; approved the purchase of new and replacement fleet vehicles for the Parks and Recreation Department.
The Board recessed to Executive Session and took no action upon reconvening.
Members of the public were able to address the Board at the beginning of the meeting.
The Woodlands Township Board Meetings may be attended in person, watched live online or viewed later via recording at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/meetingvideos . The agenda and attachments may be viewed at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/991/Agendas-Minutes-and-More.