Township celebrates freedom in The Woodlands with a variety of Fourth of July activities
THE WOODLANDS, TX – Residents in The Woodlands will have the opportunity to celebrate America’s Independence with a variety of festivities and fireworks for the Fourth of July holiday.
On Monday, July 3, at 8 p.m., The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion welcomes Houston Symphony Orchestra to the Main Stage for the Star-Spangled Salute, presented by ExxonMobil. Tickets are not required for this free event. Gates open at 6:30 p.m. Please visit www.woodlandscenter.org for bag policy and more information.
The festivities will continue Tuesday, July 4, 2023, at 9 a.m. with the South County Fourth of July Parade in The Woodlands Town Center. The 1.3-mile parade features marching bands, fire engines, clowns, floats and more! Please note the roads will be closed during the parade. For parade map and more details, please visit www.4thofjulyparade.org.
After the parade, residents are invited to cool down at Red, Hot & Pool at all Township pools from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The lifeguards at each pool will provide fun activities from noon to 4 p.m. as well as light refreshments, while supplies last. Please note, daily fees will apply for residents and non-residents. Entry is free for season pool pass holders.
The celebration will continue into the evening with the 26th annual Red, Hot & Blue Festival featuring entertainment at five locations in The Woodlands from 6 to 10 p.m. All locations, except for Hughes Landing, will feature strolling entertainment and concessions.
- Northshore Park will feature musical entertainment by Level One Band. Please be advised, Northshore Park vehicular access will be affected on the following dates for the event. For the most up to date information regarding access, residents should visit www.redhotblue.org:
- July 2 through 3: Limited, minimal vehicular traffic for event set-up.
- July 4: No vehicular access for safety and security.
- July 5: Reopening with limited vehicular access.
- Town Green Park will have two stages for music from 100 Proof and Xtina and The Sound.
- Waterway Square Park will include live music by Flashpoint and the Fourth of July Parade Awards at 7 p.m.
- Rob Fleming Park will have live music by Yelba. Due to limited parking in the Rob Fleming Park area, residents are encouraged to walk or bike to the event.
- Hughes Landing will feature musical entertainment from Time Warp.
The annual celebration will culminate with an 18-minute Fireworks Extravaganza at approximately 9:30 p.m. with four launch locations. Residents can enjoy both the sights and sounds of the Fireworks Extravaganza by tuning into KSTAR Country 99.7 FM, which will broadcast the choreographed patriotic soundtrack for the 2023 event.
- Adjacent to Northshore Park: Primary fireworks display near Lake Woodlands.
- Town Green Park: Secondary close-proximity (special effects) display. Please note there may be limited visibility of the primary display at Town Green Park due to trees and buildings.
- Waterway Square District: Fireworks display near Timberloch Place and Waterway Avenue.
- Rob Fleming Park: Fireworks display in the Village of Creekside Park.
- Please be advised areas near the fireworks launch sites may experience fireworks fallout including, but not limited to, the Lake Woodlands Bridge, the north side of Northshore Park, the north side of The Woodlands Waterway adjacent to Town Green Park and the parking lot at the Lodge at Rob Fleming Park.
Coolers, picnic baskets and lawn chairs are permitted. A variety of concessions and beverages will be available for purchase. Glass, oversized beach umbrellas and pop-up tents are prohibited. For parking details and other event information, please visit www.redhotblue.org.
The Red, Hot & Blue celebration is produced by The Woodlands Township Parks and Recreation Department and sponsored by Waste Management, The Howard Hughes Corporation® and America’s ER + Urgent Care.
As the Fourth of July holiday nears, residents are reminded that The Woodlands Covenants strictly prohibit the sale or use of home fireworks and sparklers of any kind in The Woodlands neighborhoods. For more information about The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov or call 281-210-3800.