Township celebrates Independence Day with Red, Hot and Blue Festival
THE WOODLANDS, TX – Residents in The Woodlands will have the opportunity to celebrate freedom with a variety of festivities and fireworks for the Fourth of July holiday.
The 2021 holiday schedule offers entertainment and activities for everyone to enjoy, beginning with the Fourth of July Parade on Saturday, July 3, 2021.
Festivities begin on Saturday, July 3, 2021, at 9 a.m. with the South County Fourth of July Parade in The Woodlands Town Center. The 1.3-mile parade features marching bands, fire engines, clowns, floats and more! Please note the roads will be closed during the parade. For parade map and more details please visit www.4thofjuly.org.
On Saturday, July 3, at 8 p.m., The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion welcomes The Woodlands Symphony Orchestra to the Main Stage for Stars at Night – A Salute to Service, sponsored by Howard Hughes Corporation and Woodforest National Bank. This free Independence Eve Pops Spectacular features The Woodlands Symphony in a selection of patriotic favorites led by Artistic Director Darryl Bayer. The event will also recognize service stars (teachers, first responders, medical teams and front line workers) during the pandemic. Tickets are not required for this event. Gates open at 6:30 p.m. Please visit www.woodlandscenter.org for more information.
On Sunday, July 4, 2021,Red, Hot & Pool offers a fun cool down at all Township pools from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.. The lifeguards at each pool will provide fun activities from noon to 4 p.m. Light refreshments will also be available while supplies last. Red, Hot & Pool 2021 is presented by Kroger. Please note, daily fees will apply for residents and non-residents. Entry is free for season pool pass holders.
The celebration will continue into the evening with the 24th annual Red, Hot & Blue Festival featuring entertainment at five locations in The Woodlands from 6 to 10 p.m. All locations, with the exception of Hughes Landing, will feature strolling entertainment and concessions.
- Northshore Parkwill feature musical entertainment by Level One Band. Please be advised, Northshore Park access will be affected on the following dates for the event:
- June 23 through July 8: Majority of the docks at will be unavailable.
- July 2: Park will be closed to the public from 6 to 9 a.m. for event preparations.
- July 2 through 3: Limited, minimal vehicular traffic for additional set-up.
- July 4: No vehicular access for safety and security.
- July 5: Reopening with limited vehicular access.
- Town Green Park will have two stages for music from Fidelity Maxx and Leslie Lugo Band.
- Waterway Square Park will include live music by Nervous Rex Band and the Fourth of July Parade Awards at 7 p.m.
- Rob Fleming Parkwill have live music by Cold Shot. Due to limited parking in the Rob Fleming Park area, residents are encouraged to walk or bike to the event.
- Hughes Landing will feature musical entertainment from Time Warp.
- Lake Woodlands: Primary fireworks display; adjacent to Northshore Park.
- Town Green Park: Secondary close-proximity (special effects) display. Please note there may be limited visibility of the primary display at Town Green Park due to trees and buildings.
- Waterway Square District: Fireworks display near Timberloch Place and Waterway Avenue.
- Rob Fleming Park: Fireworks display in the Village of Creekside Park.
Coolers, picnic baskets and lawn chairs are permitted. A variety of concessions and beverages will be available for purchase. Glass, oversized beach umbrellas and pop-up tents prohibited. Those planning to attend the event should practice social distancing, refrain from gathering in large groups and continue following all guidelines established by the CDC when in public spaces and around others outside your household. Masks are welcomed.
The presenting festival sponsor of the multi-location Red, Hot & Blue celebration is St. Luke’s Health, with additional sponsor support from Waste Management, The Howard Hughes Corporation® and America’s ER + Urgent Care.
Vendor applications are still being accepted for the event. Applications are due by June 23, 2021 and available at www.redhotblue.org. For more details, updates and parking information, please visit www.redhotblue.org or follow The Woodlands Township Parks and Recreation Department on Facebook at www.facebook.com/townshipparksandrec.
As the Fourth of July holiday nears, residents are reminded that The Woodlands Covenants strictly prohibit the sale or use of home fireworks and sparklers of any kind in The Woodlands neighborhoods.
For more information about The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov or call 281-210-3800.