Township to host Emergency Preparedness Family Event
The Township Emergency Preparedness Event will take place Saturday, June 10, 2017, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, 77381. The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch is producing the annual family event and CenterPoint Energy is this year’s presenting sponsor.
Participants and sponsors will be available to answer questions about emergency preparedness and provide drawing items, giveaways, handouts and snacks while they last. Presentations and demonstrations will be held throughout the event, including Hurricane Predictions for 2017 by a forecaster from the National Weather Service. Attendees will also learn about volunteer opportunities in the area.
Attendees can learn Hands-Only CPR training from the Montgomery County Hospital District to help save a life, visit public safety vehicles, find out about useful emergency web links online and view brief emergency preparedness videos to help prepare for a hurricane or other emergency.
Presentation Schedule: (Inside – Board Chambers)*
- 10:30 a.m. Operation Storm Ready – Presented by Entergy Texas, Inc. (20 min.)
- 11 a.m. The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch (15 min.)
- 11:25 a.m. Storm Recovery – Presented by CenterPoint Entergy (25 min.)
- Noon Hurricane Predictions for 2017 – Presented by National Weather Service (30 min.)
Demonstration Schedule (Inside – Meeting Room 120):
- Ongoing Hands-Only CPR training with Ashton Herring (15 min.) Montgomery County Hospital District
Ongoing Activities 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.:
- Exhibitor Booths, Indoors and Outdoors – displays, giveaways, handouts and/or representatives to answer questions. Check the map in the west lobby on June 10, 2017, for exhibitor locations.
- West Lobby
- CenterPoint Energy – Presenting Sponsor
- Entergy Texas, Inc. – Gold Sponsor
- The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch – Safety Tips
- The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch – Emergency Preparedness, Emergency Document Bags and mini lanterns while supplies last; drawing box
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office – deputy
- Harris County Constable’s Office, Precinct 4 – deputy
- H-E-B – water bottles, snacks and giveaway items
- Montgomery County Sheriff Citizen Academy Alumni Association – information
- Front Parking Lot
- Montgomery County Constable’s Office, Precinct 3 patrol car and deputies
- The Woodlands Fire Department fire truck/first aid and crew
- Montgomery County Hospital District ambulance and crew
- CenterPoint repair truck(s)
- American Red Cross – materials and giveaways
- Environmental Services – Mosquito bite prevention
- Meeting Rooms
- National Weather Service – information
- Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Montgomery County Public Health/Medical Reserve Corps
- Montgomery County 9-1-1
- United Way of Greater Houston – information and giveaways
- Interfaith of The Woodlands – program information & Interfaith wrist bands
- Montgomery County Search and Rescue
- Montgomery County Hospital District – CPR training and Water Safety
- Boy Scouts of America – Tall Timbers – Safety and Scout information
- Ready Houston Regional Emergency Preparedness Video: Ready Houston? – Are You Ready? (15 min.)
*All presentations, demonstrations, participants and times are subject to change. This is an indoor/outdoor rain or shine event, so in case of inclement weather, some activities may be cancelled or moved indoors.
For more information, please visit The Woodlands Township website at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or contact The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch at 281-210-3800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.