Township hosts Medicare fraud and scams presentation
THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS – The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch will host a presentation on Medicare fraud and scams on Monday, May 20, 2019, from 1 to 2 p.m. at the Montgomery County South Regional Library, located at 2101 Lake Robbins Drive in The Woodlands, 77380. The program will be presented by Better Business Bureau Education Foundation Program Director Jennifer Salazar in the library’s large conference room.
Members of the community who are on Medicare or assist others on Medicare are encouraged to attend this presentation to learn about:The warning signs of potential fraud
- Current Medicare fraud schemes
- How to review a Medicare Summary Notice (MSN) for fraudulent charges
- The timeline to report errors
- Tips to prevent fraud of Medicare account numbers
The program will include a question and answer session with the speaker, and Texas Senior Medicare Patrol handouts on How to Protect Yourself and Your Medicare Benefits will be passed out. Houston-Galveston Area Council, Area Agency on Aging Benefits Counselor Berta Salazar will share General Medicare information before and after the presentation to help attendees understand the facts. The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch will also have additional helpful resources on hand.
Community residents can learn about the partner agencies of this program by visiting the websites below.
- Better Business Bureau Education Foundation https://www.bbb.org/houston/programs-services/bbb-education-foundation
- Houston-Galveston Area Council, Area Agency on Aging https://www.h-gac.com/area-agency-on-aging/
- Montgomery County South Regional Library https://www.countylibrary.org/south.htm
For more information about The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/neighborhoodwatch or call 281-210-3800.