Township issues reminders during COVID surge
During the current nationwide surge in COVID-19 cases, particularly the Delta variant, the Township reminds residents to stay safe and well and to help mitigate the spread of the virus.
The Woodlands Township is a host location for COVID-19 testing provided by Curative, Inc. Testing takes place seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Township offers free testing through Curative at three locations:
- Bear Branch Recreation Center, 5310 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77381
- Sterling Ridge Park and Ride, 8001 McBeth Way, The Woodlands, TX 77382
(Through August 2021)
- The Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Park, 6464 Creekside Forest Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77389 (Through August 2021)
Texans can also register online at GetTheVaccine.dshs.texas.gov. You will be notified by email or text when and where to get the vaccine. If there’s not an available clinic near you, you will be directed to other locations to get your vaccine. The Texas Public Health Vaccine Scheduler helps Texans get scheduled for a COVID-19 vaccine at clinics hosted by participating Texas public health entities.
Montgomery County Hospital District has returned to reporting three times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The reports are posted on the Township website under County News Releases/Partner Agency Notifications. Harris County items are also posted there as received. In addition, social media feeds from both agencies can be viewed by scrolling down at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/covid19.
Precautions to Consider
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the CDC recommends the following:
- Get vaccinated.
- Wear a mask if you are not yet vaccinated. As of July 27, 2021, the CDC has revised its guidance for vaccinated individuals, encouraging them to wear a mask in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission.
- Stay 6 feet away from others, i.e. social distance from those not in your household.
- Avoid crowds and crowded spaces.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Wash your hands frequently.
Please visit the Township’s COVID-19 information page, www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/covid19 for resources, information and updates.
Source: The Woodlands Township