Traffic Impact of 2022 IRONMAN Texas in The Woodlands
The Woodlands will be hosting the 2022 Memorial Hermann IRONMAN Texas and athletes from around the world on Saturday, April 23, 2022.
On Saturday morning athletes will begin with a 2.4-mile swim in Lake Woodlands, beginning at North Shore Park and ending in the canal at Town Green Park. The 112 mile bike course navigates through The Woodlands, then enters into Northern Harris County where athletes travel two loops on the Hardy Toll Road. The day ends with a 26.2-mile run taking place entirely within The Woodlands and concluding with a spectacular finish on Waterway Ave. View Course Maps
Roads in and around The Woodlands, Texas will be impacted starting as early as 6 a.m. on Saturday, April 23.
Detours and Travel Routes on April 23, 2022:
- GROGAN’S MILL ROAD SOUTHBOUND (FROM NORTH MILLBEND): 7AM TO 10:30 AM – Take Grogan’s Mill to South Millbend, South Millbend to Glen Loch, Glen Loch to S Panther Creek, S Panther Creek to Flintridge, Flintridge to Cochran’s Crossing
- GROGAN’S MILL SOUTHBOUND: 7 AM TO 10:30 AM – Take Lake Woodlands to Six Pines, Six Pines to Millbend Road, Mill Bend Road to Fernridge, Fernridge to S. Millbend, S. Millbend to Grogan’s Mill
- GROGANS MILL ROAD NORTHBOUND: 7 AM TO 6:15 PM – Take Woodlands Parkway to Six Pines Drive, Six Pines Drive to Lake Woodlands, Lake Woodlands to Grogan’s Mill Road.
- LAKE ROBBINS DRIVE WESTBOUND: Unrestricted until Six Pines Drive. Follow directions for Grogans Mill Road North or Southbound BEST LOCATIONS TO ENTER MARKET STREET: Along Lake Woodlands Drive, Six Pines Drive and Grogans Mill Road
- BEST LOCATIONS TO ENTER MARKET STREET: Along Lake Woodlands Drive, Six Pines Drive and Grogans Mill Road
- GROGAN’S MILL SOUTHBOUND TOWARDS SAWMILL: 10:55 AM to 6:05 PM. Take Woodlands Pkwy to I-45, I-45 south to Rayford-Sawdust
- ACCESS TO WOODLANDS PARKWAY: (south of Woodlands Pkwy between Gosling & South Panther Creek) 7 AM to 11 AM. Take Flintridge to Cochran’s Crossing, Take Cochran’s Crossing to Woodlands Parkway
View and download 2022 IRONMAN Texas Traffic Guide here.
BEST PLACES TO WATCH
LIVE race coverage of the 2022 Memorial Hermann IRONMAN Texas triathlon will air on IRONMAN Now Channel on Facebook Watch. Coverage of the event will feature several camera angles and locations that will immerse viewers into all the action. Coverage will begin with a pre-race show at 6:00 a.m. CT that previews the pro field and course while also including exclusive interviews with triathlon personalities and other special guests. Live broadcast programming to feature 14 full-distance IRONMAN triathlon events throughout 2022 season, including the 2021 and 2022 IRONMAN World Championship events. For information on the 2022 IRONMAN event broadcast, click here.
Swim: Along the Lake Woodlands Pkwy Bridge just East of North Shore Park. Also, along the canal between Lake Woodlands and the swim finish (best accessed from the stairs down to the waterway off Grogan’s Mill).
Bike: The streets and neighborhoods are heavily congested during the bike portion of the event. In order to avoid getting stuck out on the course, the best option for the bike start and finish is along Lake Robbins.
Run: Along the waterway (3 loop course), especially near the restaurants close to Waterway Ave and near the transition area. No tents are permitted on the waterway, however North Shore Park is a good place for families/kids mid-day.
Parking: Personal vehicles will not be permitted into The Woodlands Mall, North Shore Park or Market Street on race day. If parked in this area your car is subject to be towed. All athletes and spectators can park in the parking garages off of Lake Robbins Dr. Be advised that all red zone and handicapped parking spaces will be strictly enforced.
View the IRONMAN Texas Spectator Guide here.
Stay tuned for more information, photos, and updates from IRONMAN Texas!
Source: IRONMAN Texas