Traffic Impact of IRONMAN in The Woodlands
The Woodlands will be hosting the Memorial Hermann IRONMAN North American Championship and more than 3,000 athletes from around the world on Saturday, April 27, 2019.
Event activities begin on Wednesday, April 24th at “IRONMAN Village” or the Waterway Parking Lot where athletes from 47 countries, ages 18 to 79 years old will be checking in. Participants, VIP’s, volunteers and race spectators can also shop at the Official IRONMAN Store, visit IRONMAN Partners and Vendors, Information Center, Pro Panel, and more. View the Event Schedule
Wednesday, April 24
- 9:00 am- 5:00 pm – IRONMAN Village – Waterway Parking Lot | 18 Waterway Ave. The Woodlands
Thursday, April 25
- 9:00 am-5:00 pm – IRONMAN Village
- 10:00 am-11:00 am – Mike Reilly Finding My Voice Book Signing – IRONMAN Merchandise Store
- 12:00 pm – Pro Panel – IRONMAN Village Stage
- 1:00 pm-2:00 pm – Mike Reilly Finding My Voice Book Signing – IRONMAN Merchandise Store
Friday, April 26
- 9:00 am-5:00 pm – IRONMAN Village
- 11:00 am-12:00 pm – Mike Reilly Finding My Voice Book Signing – IRONMAN Merchandise Store
Saturday, April 27
- 6:25 am – Pro Race Start – Northshore Park
- 6:40 am – Age Group Rolling Start – Northshore Park
- 12:00 pm-5:00 pm – IRONMAN Village
- *Approx. 2:00 pm – First (male) finisher approaching the finish line (Female winner to follow approx.
30 minutes) – Waterway Square Place
- 12:00 am – Official Race Finish (17 hours after the final athlete enters the water)
Full event schedule can be found here
On Saturday morning at 6:25 a.m. athletes will begin with a 2.4-mile swim in Lake Woodlands, beginning at North Shore Park and ending in the canal at Town Green Park. The 112 mile bike course navigates through The Woodlands, then enters into Northern Harris County where athletes travel two loops on the Hardy Toll Road. The day ends with a 26.2-mile run taking place entirely within The Woodlands and concluding with a spectacular finish on Waterway Ave. Competitors have 17 hours after the final swim wave begins. View Course Maps
The Memorial Hermann IRONMAN® North American Championship Texas triathlon offers a $150,000 professional prize purse and 80 age-group qualifying slots for the 2019 IRONMAN World Championship, taking place in Kailua-Kona, Hawai’i.
Roads in and around The Woodlands, Texas will be impacted starting as early as Saturday, April 27 at 7 a.m. View course routes here
Detours and Travel Routes on Saturday, April 27, 2019:
- GROGANS MILL ROAD SOUTHBOUND (FROM NORTH MILLBEND): 7 AM to 9:30 AM – Take Grogan’s Mill to South Millbend, South Millbend to Glen Loch, Glen Loch to S Panther Creek, S Panther Creek to Flintridge, Flintridge to Cochran’s Crossing.
- GROGAN’S MILL SOUTHBOUND: 7 AM TO 9:30 AM– Take Lake Woodlands to Six Pines, Six Pines to Millbend Road, Millbend Road to Fernridge, Fernridge to S. Millbend, S. Millbend to Grogan’s Mill
- GROGANS MILL ROAD NORTHBOUND: 11 AM TO 5:15 PM – Take Woodlands Parkway to Six Pines Drive, Six Pines Drive to Lake Woodlands, Lake Woodlands to Grogan’s Mill Road.
- LAKE ROBBINS DRIVE WESTBOUND: Unrestricted until Six Pines Drive. Follow directions for Grogan’s Mill Road North or Southbound
- BEST LOCATIONS TO ENTER MARKET STREET: Along Lake Woodlands Drive, Six Pines Drive and Grogan’s Mill Road
- GROGAN’S MILL SOUTHBOUND TOWARDS SAWMILL: 10:55 AM TO 5:05 PM – Take Woodlands Pkwy to I 45, I 45 south to Rayford-Sawdust
- ACCESS TO WOODLANDS PARKWAY: (south of Woodlands Pkwy between Cochrans Crossing & South Panther Creek) 7 AM to 10 AM.- Take Flintridge to Cochran’s Crossing or Gosling, Take Cochran’s Crossing or Gosling to Woodlands Parkway
For more information about IRONMAN Texas, please visit Ironman.com/Texas.
Stay tuned for more information, LIVE videos, photos and more from IRONMAN Texas!