Fitness & Sports
Woodforest Bank TRI Traffic Impact
THE WOODLANDS, TX – The 2022 Woodforest Bank TRI will be held Saturday, May 7, at Northshore Park from 7:00 to 11:00 a.m. Roads will be closed to traffic beginning at 6:00 a.m. The start and finish line will be Northshore Park. To ensure roads are opened at the posted times, course time limits are strictly enforced. The event culminates with an awards party at Northshore Park.
Lane and Road Closures
The inside lane of the following streets will be closed to automobile traffic from 6 to 10:30 a.m. to accommodate racers:
- Lake Woodlands Drive – Eastbound from Cochran’s Crossing to Windward Cove
The outside lane of the following streets will be impacted by the race course between 6 to 10:30 a.m. to accommodate racers:
- Lake Woodlands Drive – Westbound from Lakeside Boulevard to Gosling Road
- Gosling Road – Northbound from Lake Woodlands to Research Forest Drive
- Research Forest Drive – Eastbound from Gosling Road to Grogan’s Mill
- Grogan’s Mill Road – Southbound from Research Forest to Woodlands Parkway
- Woodlands Parkway – Westbound to Cochran’s Crossing
- Cochran’s Crossing Drive – Northbound to Lake Woodlands
The following areas will be closed to automobile traffic from 6 to 10:30 a.m. to accommodate racers:
- Lake Woodlands Bridge – Westbound lanes from Lake Front Circle to Lakeside Boulevard
- Lake Woodlands Bridge – Eastbound lanes from Windward Cove to Lake Front Circle
Avoid Delays, Use Alternate Routes
Lane and road closures with estimated road opening times.
Important Information and Reminders
- To ensure runner and spectator safety, Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office will be responsible for closing and re-opening streets.
- There will be deputy officers at every intersection along the race route. Please follow their instructions when approaching the streets on the course.
- The deputy officers will attempt to allow cars needing to get through if and when there is a safe opportunity.
- Please allow extra time if you have somewhere to be on Race Day.
Additional Traffic Information
After the race starts, roads will re-open on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. These particular areas will be congested throughout the event, and residents are encouraged to use extreme caution while traveling throughout the course.
For more information about traffic on race day, please call 281-210-2099 or email email@example.com. May 4-7, 2022, this number will be answered 24 hours a day.
For more information on the Woodforest Bank Triathlon, visit https://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/306/Woodforest-Bank-TRI.