31 Things To Do in February
Hello February! Discover what’s happening with the Hello Woodlands’ new monthly guide called “31 Things To Do” featuring events, activities, locations, and ways to get involved in your community.
Join us this February by trying new activities and attending events in The Woodlands, Texas. Be sure to follow us on social media at @HelloWoodlands and subscribe to our email newsletter to stay updated for upcoming events, ticket giveaways, live videos, photos, and so much more!
31 THINGS TO DO – FEBRUARY 2018
- February 2 – Whistle Stop Tour: Meet the Candidates – The Whistle Stop Tour at the Lone Star Community Building in The Woodlands is an old fashion political campaign stop hosted by The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce with a mission is to inform the community and its members about candidates running for office. Attendees will enjoy lunch, while having the opportunity to meet and greet with candidates and enjoy a modern take on this nostalgic experience. Chamber Members $25, Non-Chamber Members $35. Register
- February 15 – 19 – Inspire Film Festival – The 2nd Annual INSPIRE Film Festival is a five-day cinematic event dedicated to entertaining and inspiring audiences with films and stories that celebrate the human spirit. There are 15 international documentary films, a number of shorts and multiple events planned for IFF 2018. Purchase Passes
- February 16 – Economic Outlook Conference – For over 30 years, The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce has hosted the Economic Outlook Conference which provides the opportunity for attendees to gain valuable insight into the projected growth of the economy in Montgomery County and Texas overall. The theme for the event is Resilient Community / Innovative Future and a highlight for the conference this year is going to be the economic impact of Hurricane Harvey on Houston and the surrounding areas. Sign Up
- February 17 – Greater Houston Area Out of the Darkness Community Walk – Join walkers from communities all over the Greater Houston Area to walk the Woodlands Waterway in solidarity and awareness for suicide prevention. Fundraising benefits the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Registration opens at 9:00 a.m. in Town Green Park. Register
- February 24 – Masquerade Woodlands & Mardi Gras Celebration – The first ever Masquerade Woodlands event featuring everything Mardi Gras! Enjoy music, crawfish, food, drinks, kid’s zone, Mardi Gras Pet Parade, Beads and more at Town Green Park from 5 to 11 p.m. General Admission $6, VIP $60. Purchase Tickets
- February 24 – Montgomery County Heart Ball – The American Heart Association Montgomery County Heart Ball, themed “A Night at the Grand Prix: Rev Your Hearts” is a black-tie affair that raises funds to support local research on heart disease and stroke. The event will feature both live and silent auctions, live music, and few more surprises at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott from 6:30 p.m. to Midnight. Learn More
- February 1 – Running with Reed – Join Reed and the Cows at Chick-fil-A at Alden Bridge at the first local launch event for his newly published book, Running with Reed: Be a Better Somebody, that shares Reed’s journey to give his all to being the best runner, athlete, brother and friend despite having Cerebral Palsy (CP). Chick Fil A will donate a portion of proceeds to CP- the Make Lemon Aide Foundation. Reed will make appearances to sign his book, take photos, and visit with everyone at 7:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m., and 5:15 p.m. Learn more
- February 1 – Isaac Conroe Farmer’s Market. Founder’s Park in Downtown Conroe hosts a family fun, free Farmer’s Market with fresh produce, handmade crafts, original decor and artwork, food trucks, and more from 4 to 7 p.m. Learn more
- February 2 – National Wear Red Day – Support Go Red For Women by participating in National Wear Red Day to help fund research during American Heart Month. Learn more at https://donatenow.heart.org/goredforwomen/
- February 3 – The Woodlands Farmer’s Market Tailgate Party – Kick off Super Bowl weekend at the farmer’s market in Grogan’s Mill Village Center from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. with local fresh produce, food, shopping, music and family fun. Learn more
- February 3 – Hands Only CPR Village Challenge – To raise awareness of the lifesaving value of Hands Only CPR at The Woodlands Fire Department at 26722 Kuykendahl Rd from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. training. The Villages with the top three percentages of residents trained will receive a donation for their scholarship fund from program sponsors. Training does not include CPR certification. Learn more
- February 3 – SCI://TECH Expo is one of the largest regional science fairs in the nation reaching thousands of students each year and qualifying students to compete in the Science & Engineering Fair of Houston, as well as state and international competitions. Expo Day is free, family-friendly and open to the public from 10 am to 4 pm at the Lone Star Convention Center. Learn more
- February 4 – The Woodlands Car Club Cars & Coffee for a Cause is the first Sunday of each month from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Market Street. The purpose behind this event is for The Woodlands Car Club to provide a morning gathering using our cars to raise money to give back to our community for Charity. Learn more
- February 10 – Puppy Up Spring-Houston Walk at the Rob Fleming Park Lodge for a 1 mile walk to promote awareness of canine cancer and fundraise for cancer research to benefit both pets and people. Help us our honor our canine and human cancer heroes and memorialize those whose lives have been touched by cancer. Learn more
- February 17 – Touch-a-Truck is a free event for all ages at The Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Parking Lot from 9–10 a.m. Get up close and personal with all kinds of big trucks, a “construction zone” plus a giant sandbox! Learn more
- February 17 – 53rd Annual Go Texan Parade & Stampede – Join the community for the annual Go Texan Parade & Stampede in Downtown Conroe. Public parking is located in areas around Downtown Conroe, the county public parking garage on Davis and San Jacinto. Streets closed starting at 12:30 p.m. Learn more
- February 23 – Nick’s Local Eats POP Up Market & BBQ at Palava Entertainment Center from 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. Enjoy dinner, shopping, live music and entertainment. Market Free to the public and Free Admission to Palava with purchase from two vendors. Learn more
- February 23 – Conroe Coffee Art Experience at Conroe Coffee- Sara Moons is an artist and an art teacher living and teaching in Montgomery County. She exhibits her artwork in and around the Houston area, and teaches mixed media and pottery to children and adults from her home art studio in Montgomery, and from Conroe Art League. Learn more
- February 24 – Space Cadets Kids Con 2018 – A free convention at Space Cadets Collection Collection from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. for kids run by kids, with kid vendors, panels hosted by kids and kids guests, and kid artists. Learn more
- February 2 – Steel Magnolias – Tickets are $24 at the production at the Owen Theatre in Conroe. Learn more
- February 3 – Kids Running for Kids 2018 at 7 a.m. at Town Green park benefiting for Conroe ISD’s Read for a Better Life initiative. Learn More
- February 4 – Super Bowl at Swing Zone Golf – Watch the big game at in your own private bay! Enjoy unlimited golf from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. while you watch all the action on our big screen TV’s. Each bay accommodates up to 10 guests, $7.50 pitchers, whole pizzas, and 10 piece wings for $7.50 each. Learn More
- February 10 – Love is in the Air Concert by the Conroe Symphony Orchestra and Douglas Kwon will feature some beautiful pieces with Theme from Indecent Proposal, Give Me a Smile, Moring from Peter Gynt Suite and Simple Gifts at the Conroe High School. Learn More
- February 10 – Chinese New Year Celebration – Children will have an opportunity to experience some of those traditions for themselves when The Woodlands Children’s Museum hosts its annual Chinese New Year celebration. Activities will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Learn More
- February 10 – 19th Annual Daddy Daughter Dance Candy Wonderland at 6 – 9:30 p.m. at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott. Tickets $150 pair; $55 per additional sibling. Spend a wonderful evening of dancing, games and fun with your dad or daughter. Learn more
- February 10 – CASA Speaks for Kids Gala at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center. The theme this year is “Enchanted! A Masquerade Ball”and includes a magical evening as we dance the night away while making happy endings for kids. Learn more
- February 17 – Miles for Meals 5K at B-52 Brewing Company. Cross the finish line, grab a beer (or root beer), and enjoy the day with food trucks, games, and more to support your community with a portion of proceeds helping to feed local, homebound seniors. Learn more
- February 18 – Dream Weddings Bridal Show – Meet vendors at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Conference Center to help plan your perfect day, win prizes and enjoy a fabulous fashion show.
- February 24 – NSCA English vs. American Sporting Challenge at Blackwood Gun Club. Champions Gebben Miles and Brett Winstanley will be setting targets on two different courses making for a showdown between English & American styles of targets. Learn more
- February 24- 4th Annual Mardi Gras Brunch – Laissez les bon temps rouler – Let the good times roll! Join Jack and Jill of America, Inc. for a Saturday morning brunch at the Westin Waterway Hotel of The Woodlands! During the annual signature event, you will enjoy the rich taste of Louisiana Cuisine, a silent auction and raffle will be held for all our distinguished guests. Purchase tickets
- February 24 – Empty Bowls Project – The John Cooper School National Art Honor Society and Cooper Art Society students will continue its tradition of raising funds to help fight hunger in our community at 2018 Empty Bowls in Cooper’s Student Center from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Reservations at $10. Learn more
Visit the Hello Woodlands Calendar for more events, event information, details, directions, and links!
Contact us to tell us events, activities, locations, businesses, and non-profits we should feature and visit in March!