Canopy Cancer Survivorship Center hosts 1st Annual Men’s Health Cancer Panel
On Wednesday, November 15, 2023, Canopy Cancer Survivorship Center hosted their 1st Annual Men’s Health Cancer Panel from noon to 2 p.m. featuring keynote speakers Andrew Jackson, MD, and James Zhu, MD, PhD, with Texas Oncology.
The luncheon and engaging panel was open to all who have been touched by cancer, and participants of Canopy’s monthly Men’s Lunch Group were also in attendance.
View photos from the event on the Hello Woodlands Facebook page:
Marcella Herrera, Program Manager of Canopy, introduced the speakers that focused on a variety of topics including men’s health, skincare, survivorship support, types of cancer and treatments, and the importance of screenings. Attendees also had the opportunity to ask questions to the panelists:
- Diane Baldemor, ReVital Program Director – Select Physical Therapy
- Nicolette Ulrichs, Transforming from Within – Men’s Health
- Michelle Morrow, A Place for the Healing Arts – Men’s Skincare
- Reel Recovery, Non-profit that conducts Fly Fishing Retreats for men living with all forms of cancer
- Mike League, Revelation Barbeque
- Andrew Jackson, M.D., Medical Oncology, Hematology, Texas Oncology – The Woodlands
- James Zhu, Radiation Oncologist, Texas Oncology – The Woodlands
Canopy is a cancer survivorship on the campus of Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center. Canopy is open to men and women, no matter where you were treated, and for any kind of cancer. If your life has been impacted, whether you were the patient or the caregiver, you have a safe haven at Canopy. Learn more at https://bit.ly/CanopyTheWoodlands