Conroe ISD Trustees Approve 20-21 School Calendar
CONROE, TX – At their meeting Tuesday night, the Board of Trustees adopted the 2020-2021 School Calendar as recommended by the Conroe ISD District-Level Planning and Decision-Making Committee (DLPDMC).
The 20-21 Calendar reflects 175 days of instruction and a minimum of 75,600 instructional minutes for students and 187 working days for teachers.
Additional highlights include:
- First Day of School: August 12, 2020
- Days Off:
- September 7: Labor Day
- October 9-12: Holiday
- November 3: Election Day
- November 23-27: Thanksgiving Break
- December 21-January 5: Winter Break
- January 18: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 12: Holiday
- February 15: Presidents’ Day
- March 12-19: Spring Break
- Same as: Humble ISD, Klein ISD, Lone Star College, Texas A&M, and University of Texas
- April 2: Holiday
- Last Day for Students: May 26, 2021
Two 2020-2021 draft calendars were posted on the CISD website and provided to campuses to share with their staff and community. During this time, over 3,600 comments were submitted through the District’s website. The DLPDMC reviewed the comments and suggestions received from staff, parents, and the community and recommended calendar Draft A – Revised.
In his presentation to the Board of Trustees, Dr. Chris Hines, Deputy Superintendent, noted the features the DLPDMC discussed and highlighted the addition of two staff development days during the school year as well as Election Day being a holiday.
The approved 2020-21 School Calendar is available on the District’s website at https://www.conroeisd.net/calendars/.