Fitness & Sports
Dragons Begin Spring Conference Competitions
THE WOODLANDS, TX – The John Cooper School’s Dragons are beginning their Spring Conference Competitions with events in March.
VARSITY TRACK & FIELD
- 3/26 vs. Concordia Lutheran
“Friday was a great opportunity for us to give everyone a chance to compete and see where we are now and where we need to get to in the last stretch of the season,” said Coach Scott Holland. “We had 49 total PRs Set: 10 girls, 39 boys, 4 of whom PR’ed in two events. Only three meets remain–Cooper Invitational, Nick Finnigan Invitational and the SPC Zone Meet. I was pleased with our progress especially having just come off Spring Break.”
- Amarachukwu Oguchi 1st Shot Put & Discus
- Katie Drake 1st 800m & 3rd 400m
- Onese Ewherido 1st 200m & 2nd 400m
- Abby Mendenhall 3rd 800m
- Amir Rizvi 1st 110m Hurdles & 300m Hurdles
- Matthew Rock 1st Long Jump & 2nd Triple Jump
- Tanure Ewherido 1st 200m & 2nd 400m
- Ben Currin 1st Discus & 3rd Shot Put
- Connor Dove 1st Shot Put & 3rd Discus
- Vishnu Swaminathan 1st 800m
- Gavin Schmidt 1st 100m
- Will McDermott 2nd 800m
- Will Young 2nd Pole Vault
- Ryan Cockrill 2nd 100m & 2nd 200m
- Travis Birdsall 2nd 110m Hurdles
- Kase Melodick 2nd 3200m
- Jackson Kovin 2nd 200m
- Owen Woodside 3rd Shop Put & 3rd Discus
- Jean-Paul Labbe 3rd Long Jump & 3rd Triple Jump
- Nico Signorelli 3rd Pole Vault
- Andrew Wilkerson 3rd 800m & 3rd 400m
Next up for Dragon Track & Field:
- April 9 hosting Cooper Dragon Invitational, day one, 4:30 p.m.
- April 10 hosting Cooper Dragon Invitational, day two, 9 a.m. SENIOR RECOGNITION
Next up for Dragon Golf:
- March 26-27 at Conroe Invitational, Panorama Golf Club
- April 6 vs. Episcopal Invitational at Quail Valley Golf Course, 8 a.m.
VARSITY GIRLS SOFTBALL
- 3/26 at St. Johns*
- 17-7 L
“Cooper stayed in it until the end, but St. John’s pulled away late for a 17-7 victory,” said Coach Nicole Hedden. “The Dragons collected six hits and St. John’s had eight in the high-scoring game. Madison Rogers led Cooper with two hits in three at-bats. Dragons stole four bases during the game as two players stole more than one with Ally Flinn leading the way with two. We jumped on the Mavericks early but lost focus and had too many errors to stay in the game.”
Next up for Dragon Girls Softball:
- March 31 vs. St. Francis Episcopal, 4:30 p.m.
- April 1 vs, Duchesne, 5:15 p.m.
- April 6 at Episcopal High School, 4 p.m.
- April 7 vs. St. Pius X, 5 p.m.
- April 9 vs. Bay Area Christian, 6 p.m. SENIOR RECOGNITION
VARSITY BOYS BASEBALL
- 3/24 vs. Lutheran South • 4-2 W
- 3/27 vs. St Andrew’s Episcopal* • 3-0 W
- 3/27 vs. St. Stephen’s Episcopal* canceled
Next up for Dragon Boys Baseball:
- April 1 at Houston Christian*, 6 p.m.
- April 5 vs. Legacy, 7 p.m.
- April 8 vs. Houston Power, 6 p.m.
- 3/24 at Kinkaid*
- Girls 5-0 L • Boys 3-2 L
- 3/27 at St Andrew’s*
- Girls 3-0 W • Boys 3-1 W
- 3/27 at St Stephen’s*
- Girls 4-1 W • Boys 4-1 W
Next up for Dragon Tennis:
- April 1 vs. Awty*, 4 p.m.
- April 6 girls team vs. Duchesne, 4 p.m.
The John Cooper School is a PK-12 independent, college preparatory day school that has been serving The Woodlands and greater Houston area since 1988.
For more information, visit www.johncooper.org.