Filing Closed for Township Election: Incorporation and Positions 5, 6, 7 on Ballot
THE WOODLANDS, TX – The Woodlands Township announces that the last day to file application to appear on the Ballot for one of the designated positions on the Township board ended Monday, August 16, 2021. The filing period had been open since July 17, 2021.
Positions 5, 6, and 7 are up for Election in 2021 on the 7-person Board of Directors of The Woodlands Township. Individuals are elected to serve two-year terms and Directors are not remunerated or paid for their service on the Township Board.
In addition, The Woodlands Township Board of Directors has called an Incorporation Election for Tuesday, November 2, 2021. With the Incorporation vote, residents of The Woodlands Township will have a choice to choose their form of government: to remain as a special purpose district or become the City of The Woodlands.
Here are key upcoming dates regarding the election:
- October 4, 2021………… Last Day to Register to Vote
- October 18, 2021………. First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- October 22, 2021…..…. Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (received, not postmarked)
- October 29, 2021………. Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- November 2, 2021…….. Election Day
More information about the Township Election can be found online at: https://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/novemberelection.