Filing opens for The Woodlands Township November 2022 Election
THE WOODLANDS, TX – Filing has begun for four (4) at-large positions on The Woodlands Township Board of Directors in the November 2022 election. The positions are designated as Positions 1, 2, 3 and 4. Each position is for a two-year term and is a volunteer, non-compensated role.
Candidates may file an application to appear on the ballot for one of the designated positions between July 23, 2022, and 5 p.m. on August 22, 2022. The deadline for filing a declaration of a write-in candidacy is 5 p.m. on August 26, 2022.
Applications may be (1) mailed to the Township, (2) delivered in person, (3) submitted via facsimile to 281-210-3978, or (4) emailed to Elections@thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov. Applications delivered in person are accepted on regular business days during the Township’s office hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Regardless of the method of delivery, an application is considered to be filed at the time of its receipt by the Township. Please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov or call 281-210-3800 for more information, such as how to obtain a filing packet.
Please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/novemberelection, or call 281-210-3800 for more information. Filing packets and additional information are available at the address above. The Township anticipates contracting with Harris County and Montgomery County to conduct the election and to use the regular County polling locations for the election.
Qualifications for Township Director:
- 18 years of age (as of November 8, 2022)
- Resident of The Woodlands Township for past six (6) months
- Resident of Texas for past twelve (12) months
- U.S. citizen
- Mental Incompetence
- Conviction of Felony
- A Declaration of Write-In Candidacy must be filed not later than 5 p.m. on August 26, 2022.
- July 23, 2022 – First Day to File Application to Appear on Ballot for One of the Designated Positions
- July 25, 2022 – First Business Day for acceptance of hand-delivered forms at The Woodlands Township, 2801 Technology Forest Blvd., The Woodlands, Texas 77381
- August 22, 2022 – Last Day to File Application to Appear on Ballot for One of the Designated Positions (5 p.m.); Last Day to Order Election
- August 26, 2022 – Last Day to File Declaration of Write-In Candidacy (5 p.m.)
- October 11, 2022 – Last Day to Register to Vote
- October 24, 2022 – First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- November 4, 2022 – Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- November 8, 2022 – Election Day
*The Texas Secretary of State is the chief election officer of the State of Texas and provides the dates set forth herein. Interested persons are encouraged to visit the Secretary of State’s Election Division website at http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/index.shtml or contact the Secretary of State’s Election Division by telephone at 1-800-252-VOTE (8683) to obtain the most current information.