LaToya Carter to Deliver Keynote at Woodlands Chamber Luncheon
THE WOODLANDS, TX – The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce that community leader LaToya Carter will deliver a keynote address at the 2019 Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon on Friday, April 26 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the St. Simon & Jude Catholic Parish Event Center.
Carter has strong ties to the nonprofit community in The Woodlands area. She started out as a client of Family Promise of Montgomery County, a homeless shelter for families with children, and went on to serve as the organization’s Executive Director. During her nearly eight-year tenure, she helped 119 families, totaling 363 individuals of which 219 were children.
In February 2019, Carter accepted a human resources position at Yes to Youth – Montgomery County Youth Services, a local nonprofit that provides individual and family counseling to at-risk youth and temporary shelter for homeless youth.
Carter earned a bachelor’s degree in general business administration from Sam Houston University and is a graduate of Leadership Montgomery County Class of 2016. She is involved in various other nonprofit organizations and has served on the board of trustees for the Montgomery County Homeless Coalition in the capacity of an advisory board member for the Community Assistance Center in Conroe.
“The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce has a long and proud tradition of supporting charitable causes and we couldn’t be more excited to welcome LaToya Carter as our keynote speaker for the 2019 Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon,” Cyndi Alvarado, Vice President of Membership, said. “Her story and dedication to the community will really set the tone for an inspiring, forward-looking luncheon that will leave us all with new energy and ideas for our important work.”
The 2019 Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon themed “Our Volunteers Sparkle – Volunteers are a Community’s Best Friend” will celebrate the tremendous contributions that nonprofit organizations and their devoted volunteers make to the community.
The Chamber invites its nonprofit members to register a staff member and volunteer for the complimentary luncheon. Registration and further event details are available at www.WoodlandsChamber.org/VAL.
The Chamber thanks the 2019 Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon sponsors to date:
- Emerald Sponsors: Consolidated Communications and Waste Connections
- Sapphire Sponsor: Sts. Simon and Jude Catholic Parish
- Aquamarine Sponsor: Spinal Care Chiropractic Services
- Ruby Sponsor: MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Opal Sponsors: Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center and Woodforest National Bank
- Amethyst Sponsors: Better Bookkeepers, Inc.; Blanton Advisors, LLC; Interfaith of The Woodlands; Mary Kristen Photography; North American Title Company; Stibbs & Co., P.C., Attorneys; and The Elmi Group – Heritage Texas Properties
- Pearl Sponsors: 5Point Credit Union; Airsimplicity Mechanical Services L.L.C; Carol Stromatt, The Woodlands Township – Director Position 7; Children’s Books on Wheels; Education for Tomorrow Alliance; Heritage Texas Properties; Homewood Suites by Hilton – The Woodlands/Shenandoah; JMB Insurance Solutions; Marsh & McLennan Agency; Paragon Independent Insurance Agencies, Inc.; and The Woodlands Young Learners Academy
To learn about available sponsorship opportunities, please contact Cyndi Alvarado. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-363-8109.
As the largest business organization in the Houston region, The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce is committed to advocating for businesses, creating marketing and networking opportunities, serving as a professional and community resource and supporting charitable causes. For more information, please visit www.woodlandschamber.org.