Memorial Hermann modifies Visitor Policy due to Coronavirus effective March 10
Memorial Hermann shared the following press release on Monday, March 9, 2020, regarding the modification to the visitor policy, effective as of Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 7 a.m.
To further protect the health of our patients, workforce and the community, and prevent the potential spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), Memorial Hermann is modifying its visitor policy across all Memorial Hermann acute-care and rehabilitation hospitals and Convenient Care Centers, effective Tuesday, March 10, at 7 a.m. until further notice.
The modified visitor policy limits the number of visitors per patient, restricts the number of access points and implements screening of all visitors.
· Visitation will be limited to two adult (18 years or older) visitors per patient, per day.
· All visitors and patients, including vendors and contractors, will be screened at designated entry points, including the Emergency Center.
· For patients in isolation, visitation will be limited to one adult (18 years or older) visitor per patient, per day. These visitors will also be required to wear personal protective equipment and will not be permitted to visit common areas within the facility.
The brief screening process includes a temperature check and questionnaire. Individuals cleared through the screening process will receive a color-coded wristband which must be worn throughout their hospital visit. Visitors who are sick or do not meet screening criteria will not be allowed to enter the facility.
Below are facilities impacted by the modified visitor policy:
· Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
· Children’s Memorial Hermann
· Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center
· Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital
· Memorial Hermann Cypress Hospital
· Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center
· Memorial Hermann Greater Heights Hospital
· Memorial Hermann Northeast Hospital
· Memorial Hermann Pearland Hospital
· Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital
· Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital
· Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital
· Women’s Memorial Hermann Memorial City Hospital
· Women’s Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center
· TIRR Memorial Hermann
· Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Hospital – Katy
· Memorial Hermann Convenient Care Center in Greater Heights
· Memorial Hermann Convenient Care Center in Katy
· Memorial Hermann Convenient Care Center in Kingwood
· Memorial Hermann Convenient Care Center at Sienna Plantation
· Memorial Hermann Convenient Care Center in Spring
· Memorial Hermann Convenient Care Center in Summer Creek
· Memorial Hermann 24-Hour Emergency Care in The Woodlands
Source: Jade Waddy, Memorial Hermann