Steven Alker Wins 2022 Insperity Invitational
THE WOODLANDS, TX – Steven Alker captured his third PGA TOUR Champions victory, second in three starts, at the 2022 Insperity Invitational and moved into the No. 1 spot in the Charles Schwab Cup rankings.
Sunday, May 1, 2022
The Woodlands Country Club – The Woodlands, Texas
7th of 27 PGA TOUR Champions events in the 2022 Season
Final-round delay: Play was suspended at 2:40 p.m. (CT) due to lightning and resumed at 4:50 p.m., after a two-hour and 10-minute delay.
- Course Setup: Par 72 / 7,027 yards
- Final Round Scoring Average: 71.680
- Cumulative Scoring Average: 71.534
- Weather: Mostly cloudy skies with afternoon showers and highs in the 80s with SE winds 5-10 mph
- Final Standings
|Player||To Par||Scores||Money||Charles Schwab Cup|
|1.||Steven Alker||-18||67-65-66 – 198||$345,000||1st|
|T2.||Brandt Jobe||-14||68-64-70 – 202||$184,000||11th|
|T2.||Steve Stricker||-14||67-65-70 – 202||$184,000||20th|
|4.||Alex Cejka||-11||70-69-66 – 206||$138,000||10th|
Steven Alker, 67-65-66 – 198 (-18)
- 50-year-old captures his third win on PGA TOUR Champions (17 starts), with all three titles coming in his last nine starts. It was his second win in his last three starts
- 2021 TimberTech Championship
- 2022 Rapiscan Systems Classic
- Takes over the No. 1 spot in the Charles Schwab Cup standings, surpassing Miguel Angel Jimenez and leads by $251,112.96
- This is the 28th win by a player from New Zealand on PGA TOUR Champions
- This is his 14th top-10 in 17 starts on PGA TOUR Champions
- Has been inside the top-5 after 27 of his 52 rounds on PGA TOUR Champions
- Has carded rounds of par or better in 20 of 21 rounds this season
- His 18-under 198 is the lowest tournament score while playing at The Woodlands Country Club Tournament Course
- Bernhard Langer carded 25-under 191 at Augusta Pines Golf Course in 2007
- Posted five top-10 finishes in seven starts during the 2022 season
- Finished T2 last week at the 2022 ClubCorp Classic after losing in a sudden-death playoff to Scott Parel
- In Steve Stricker’s first professional tournament since October 2021 due to an illness, he finished T2 after carding 14-under 202.
- Stricker has 30 top-10s in 36 starts on PGA TOUR Champions (83.3%)
- Brandt Jobe finished T2 at 14-under 202, his third top-10 finish in six starts this season. He moved to No. 11 in the Charles Schwab Cup standings.
- Alex Cejka shot a bogey-free final round and matched the round of the day (Steven Alker) by shooting 6-under 66 to finish the tournament in fourth place.
- Defending Champion Mike Weir finished the 2022 Insperity Invitational T17 after carding 5-under 211.
- Tommy Armour III withdrew during the second round due to a shoulder injury.