The Woodlands Township Board holds meeting, issues three proclamations
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting on Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
To view the meeting in its entirety, please visit: http://woodlandstx.new.swagit.com/videos/87754
Before addressing agenda items, the Board of Directors issued three proclamations.
In recognition of the Nation’s servicemen and women serving with honor and to pay tribute to all who have worn the uniform and continue to serve their country as civilians, the Board of Directors proclaimed November 11, 2020, as Veterans Day in The Woodlands, Texas.
In support of local small businesses and the contributions they make to our local economy and community, the Board of Directors proclaimed Saturday, November 28, 2020 as Small Business Saturday in The Woodlands, Texas.
In support of America Recycles Day, and to help raise awareness about recycling and buying recycled products, the Board of Directors proclaimed Saturday, November 14, 2020, as The Woodlands Recycles Day in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Approved the annual Service Agreement with The Woodlands Area Economic Development Partnership.
- Approved the annual Service Agreements with the Village Associations.
- Approved Easement Agreements with San Jacinto River Authority for Sanitary Sewer Lift Station #13.
The Board of Directors discussed the following matters on the Regular Agenda:
- Chairman Gordy Bunch provided a COVID-19 Update for Montgomery and Harris County including general bed usage, ICU bed usage, Hospital/COVID Census and more. His presentation can be found at this link.
Chairman Bunch also discussed free mobile COVID-19 testing performed by Curative, Inc. at Town Hall. The test is a painless oral-fluid swab, an alternative method to nasopharyngeal or brain swabs in testing for COVID-19. The walk-up testing will take place daily between 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, located at 2801 Technology Forest Blvd. in The Woodlands, TX 77381 until future notice.
Director Dr. Shelley Sekula-Gibbs, who serves as the Township’s Public Health Liaison, gave a healthcare update regarding COVID-19 vaccines.
Township staff provided a report on CARES Act Funding.
- Accepted reports from Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Montgomery County Constable’s Office Precinct 3 and Harris County Constable’s Office Precinct 4.
- Accepted an update on the latest developments at Lone Star College. The presentation can be viewed here.
- Accepted a presentation from the Harris-Galveston Subsidence District on recent Subsidence District activities. The presentation can be viewed here.
- Accepted an annual report from The Woodlands Area Economic Development Partnership. The presentation can be viewed here.
- Accepted a quarterly update from the Development Standards Committee. The presentation can be viewed here.
- Approved a Host Venue Sponsorship Agreement between The Woodlands Township and Visit The Woodlands. The presentation can be viewed here.
- Accepted a quarterly update from Visit The Woodlands (Convention & Visitors Bureau). The presentation can be viewed here.
- Accepted the financial report. The presentation can be viewed here.
- Authorized Township Attorney to file an Amicus Brief.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.
Source: The Woodlands Township