The Woodlands Township Board issues four proclamations at meeting
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting on Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors received reports from the villages of Grogan’s Mill, Alden Bridge, Sterling Ridge and Cochran’s Crossing.
Before addressing regular business items, the Board of Directors issued four proclamations.
In remembrance of Reverend Donald (Don) R. Gebert, the Board of Directors proclaimed Wednesday, March 31, 2021 as Reverend Don Gebert Day. Reverend Gebert moved to The Woodlands in 1975 and became the founding Executive Director of The Interfaith Center, visiting every family that moved to The Woodlands as the community grew from 40 families to over 100,000 people. He was instrumental in the creation of The Woodlands Resident Directory, The Woodlands Child Development Center, The Woodlands Villager, Montgomery County Youth Services and The Woodlands Hospital.
In recognition of The Woodlands High School Girls Swim Team winning a state title in 2018 and winning the program’s tenth championship at the UIL Class 6A girls state meet, the Board of Directors proclaimed Wednesday, March 31, 2021 as The Woodlands High School Girls Swim Team State Champions Day.
The Board also recognized The Woodlands High School Boys Swim Team for winning a state title in 2010 and winning the program’s ninth state championship at the UIL Class 6A boys state championship and proclaimed Wednesday, March 31, 2021 as The Woodlands High School Boys Swim Team State Champions Day.
In recognition of Chief Joseph “Jerry” Bittner retiring from The Woodlands Fire Department as of April 1, 2021, the Board of Directors proclaimed Wednesday, March 31, 2021 as Chief Jerry Bittner Day. With 40 years of service, Chief Bittner is the longest serving employee of The Woodlands Fire Department and The Woodlands Township. Chief Bittner was instrumental in the design and managed construction of The Woodlands Fire Department Central Fire Station and Stations 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 and the Emergency Training Center. He also managed the major remodel and expansion of Fire Station 2.
The Board of Directors discussed the following matters on the Regular Agenda:
• Director Dr. Shelley Sekula-Gibbs, who serves as the Township’s Public Health Liaison, gave a healthcare update regarding COVID-19. Her presentation can be found at this link.
• Received and accepted an update from Entergy. The presentation can be found at this link.
• Received and accepted an update on utility easement management. The presentation can be found at this link.
• Received and accepted an update from the One Water Task Force.
• Received and accepted the financial report.
• Approved an Interlocal Agreement with Brazos Transit District.
• Deferred the ExxonMobil Tax Abatement Agreement.
• Deferred a Market Feasibility Study for a Proposed Expansion to the Convention Center.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.
Source: The Woodlands Township